Chapter Seventeen

I advise you to read Chapter Six again before reading this so that the last part of this chapter will make more sense! Thank you :) x

 ---

Once I was fully settled on my seat, I grabbed my phone and quickly texted Mattie to let her know that I have boarded the plane.

Since I was on the window’s seat, I looked out and looked at the beautiful London, where a lot has happened in the past couple of years. I was now seated in a plane which would take me to my home country, Australia.

I sighed and settled back onto my seat and closed my eyes. I can’t wait to be back in Australia.

I never told any of the boys, except Niall, that I was going back so I never had the chance to say good bye.

I grabbed my bag and pulled out the only remembrance I had of Harry, the iPhone which he sent me almost two weeks ago.

Two weeks. It’s kinda funny how much could happen in a span of two weeks.

As soon as I stepped off the plane, not only the Australian wind welcomed me, but also a herd of paparazzi which I didn’t know knew about my arrival.

“Joanna!” One called out “How are you and Harry?”

“Are you still seeing him?”

“What can you say about him getting back together with Taylor?”

I stopped walking and I turned to the paparazzi “They got back together?” Thankfully, I was wearing my sunglasses so they can’t see my eyes which were now filled with tears.

“Harry was seen leaving Taylor’s flat yesterday.” Another one answered.

As soon as the cab driver stopped in front of our house, I gave him the money and he helped me carry the boxes and bags I was bringing.

“Mom?” I called out, my voice barely audible because of the lump forming in my throat. Not being able to take it anymore, I ran towards the kitchen and found my mom doing something on the sink, her back was facing me.

I bit my lip as the tears cascaded down my eyes and quickly running over to her and hugging her tight.

“Mom.” I said through the tears.

If my mom was surprised to see me crying, she had a great way of hiding it. Instead, she turned around and wiped my cheeks with her thumb “He was on the news this morning. I figured you’d heard so how about we go eat some ice cream while you tell me everything?” she gave me a smile.

Despite the tears, I found myself smiling and thanking God that I had the best mom in the world.

“Wait, this wasn’t your entire fault, okay?” My mom said as she scooped a spoonful of vanilla ice cream after I told her the whole story of the last two days. “Everyone has a part on this; you for lying to Harry, Harry for not telling you about his crazy ex-girlfriend, Isabel for even agreeing to do that and Niall for, well, trusting her.”

I wiped my eyes with a tissue “She’s a lovely girl, I swear.”

Mom shrugged “I am sure she is and she just made a huge mistake. But, back to the topic, stop blaming everything to yourself, okay? Yes, you lied, but you’re not the only one, right?”

I just nodded at her.

“So, what are you planning to do now?” She questioned.

I sighed and answered “Stay here for maybe a year, volunteer in the orphanage again, and do everything to get my mind off things”