Chapter Six

I’m going to make you fall in love with me again.

His words replayed in my mind all the way as we walked towards back to the house, all over breakfast and even up to the time when I woke up the next morning.

His words sounded so sweet yet so wrong inside my head. I wanted to tell him, that’s not needed because I’m still in love with you, Harry. I never stopped. But of course, I couldn’t tell him that, otherwise he would know I was lying. I was lying all about the accident, the amnesia, and this whole trip would just then be a lie.

Sighing, I shook my head, trying to get the thoughts out of my mind. It was only seven in the morning and I could hear my mom and Harry talking downstairs.

I was happy that they were going along well again. You might ask about my dad. Well, he and mom got a divorce almost five years ago and I barely saw him then. He wasn’t even there when I was about to be married, and the thought of him not walking me to the aisle broke my heart even more. The last time I saw him was when I was thirteen and now, he was living somewhere in America with his new family. It was never easy for me, since I was the daddy’s girl, but Mattie stood by my side the whole time and told me it would be alright, and I believed her.

I pushed back the thoughts in the back of my mind and slipped on my slippers before I went to my bathroom and splashed some water to my face. I looked at myself in the mirror and just stared at the reflection in front of me. My hair was in its natural wavy form and I had to tie it into a messy bun. I removed the sweater I was wearing since the day was becoming hot and I was left with my blue Mickey Mouse tank top and some sweats. Before going out of my room, I grabbed the book I was currently reading from my table. It is The Notebook by my favorite author slash the hero of my life, Nicholas Sparks.

“Good morning, Sleeping Beauty” Mom greeted as I walked inside the kitchen, where she and Harry were both having breakfast.

“Good morning” I mumbled in reply and sat down next to Harry. I watch as he grabbed a spoonful of cereals and pushed the spoon to his mouth. When he set the spoon back to the bowl and started to munch on his food, I grabbed his spoon and scooped a spoonful of cereals and ate it quickly.

“Hey!” Harry yelled as he grabbed the spoon from my hand. I just laughed at him and shook my head, leaning back to the chair.

“What’s on your agenda today?” Mom asked as before she sipped her coffee.

I shrugged as I looked at Harry, who was sending me fake death glares as he pulled his bowl of cereals closer to him like it was for dear life. I rolled my eyes at him and he just laughed.

“We’re going somewhere” he answered my mom’s question as he gave my mom a playful wink.

“Well, be sure to be back her e by six. We’ll be having dinner with grandma and granddad, okay?” Mom both looked at us with a small smile on her lips.

Harry nodded.

“Where are we going?” I asked Harry for the fifth time ever since we started walking towards only Harry knows where. I was getting impatient since it was only nine, too early to be walking around the neighborhood.

“I already told you that it’s a secret until we get there” He sounded irritated while he tapped away on his phone. Here we go again, another sessionalready told you that it’s a secret until we get there” He sounded irritated while he tapped away on his phone. Here we go again, another session of Harr’s Bipolar-ness.  He was looking at his phone, his eyebrows knitted together and his lips were a thin line.

“Fine” I whispered to myself and just rolled my eyes at him. He was too preoccupied with his white, little iPhone to even notice me. We continued to walk in silence, with him tapping in his phone while I just looked at the ground, my hands in my pockets.