Chapter 5

•Chapter 5•

"Yes! And then I was like Um, no sir Mr. Juliano, I was actually reciting a verse from the Book of Joshua."

I shot Savannah a putrid stare as she laughed at my rendition of today's highlight in Mr. Juliano's Literature class.

"He's evil." I spat abrasively.

That only made Vanna laugh harder, almost choking on her saliva as her face turned red from lack of air and overexertion.

"Bitch." I mumbled as she shook her head, almost in tears from laughing so hard.

"Ya see, that's why I could never date a guy like him. Such a child." She smirked, grabbing her lunch from one of the trays as I did the same and walked outside.

"Vanna, shut up! We're only sixteen.." I remarked, setting my tray down and taking a bite from my sandwich.

"Whatever Jen. I choose to behave maturely."

She took a forkful of pasta in her mouth, gulping it down after a few thorough chews.

"But also, just a side note you might want to consider: Danny is hot as fuck!" She grinned, giggling as I met her gaze with a horrorstricken face.

"Don't make me vomit." I groaned, sliding my sandwich over just before I heard Vanna murmur the word incoming and look over my shoulder.

And just as soon as the word spew from her mouth, did I feel a soft jab on my waist followed by my own laughter.

"Oh my gosh!" I squealed, grabbing my side, better known as the absolute most ticklish part of my body.

Swerving around I turned to meet Wayne, a chipper grin on his face as he sat down next to me.

"What?" He questioned as I smiled back

"She's really really ticklish in her sides." Savannah interepreted as she shook her head with a chuckle.

"Oh really?" Wayne asked, staring at me in a playfully maniacal sort of way. (If that makes any sense)

I nodded, as if to say 'Yes, so please don't tickle me', but instead received the exact opposite.

I let out a girlish shriek as Wayne began poking my sides over and over again, while I began laughing uncontrollably.

"K. I'd love to continue third wheeling with you guys, but I'm pulling out my phone now." Savannah mumbled, looking away as she grimaced at our cuteness.

I continued laughing as his fingertips roamed my body while I swatted them away. Apparently as I was swatting, I'd edged closer and closer out of my seat because before I knew it I had tumbled into the grass with Wayne beside me.

"Oww." I moaned, rubbing my head as Wayne propped himself up on his elbows.

"Damn. I'm sorry." He chuckled as he stared over at me.

I glared at him, smiling softly after a moment.

He used one hand to brush the grass out of his blonde waves, then reached over and did the unexpected.

I froze as he came closer, picking grass off my face, out of my hair and then.. off my cheek.

His smile weakened as he stared at my lips, then my eyes, then my lips again. I inhaled his musky scent of Armani cologne and now grass as he drew near.

I thought I should kiss him.

Right?

I mean.. That is what people do in these types of situations.