Chapter 1

*For better descriptive purposes, please note that the lead female character is an African American girl named Jennifer "Jenny" Hills. She is not light skinned. She is brown and beautiful. The male lead is played by Dave Franco*

•Chapter 1•

I sighed as the bell rang.

The curriculum for the first day of school always seemed so pointless to me.

It was the same thing every year.. The teacher recited his or her class rules while the rest of us groaned in agony until he/she was finished. I mean by now, I'm pretty sure "Keep your hands to yourself" was an easy give away... and one that no one at Gracefield High School ever followed for that matter.

I slumped deeper into my chair, hoping to disappear as Ms. Giles droned on about unacceptable paper formats in her classroom.

Pulling out a fresh sheet of paper and a mechanical pencil, I began doodling little flowers and tiny robots. Just looking at them made me smile childishly, the robots looked like walking TVs with faces!

As I stayed bubbled in my own little world, I heard the classroom door swing open causing myself and a few others to look in that direction while Giles continued on with her ceremonious blabber.

Sadly, I recognized the newcomer's face.

It was the douche bag from the hallway.

I glared at him as he made his way down the classroom aisles, a cocky grin covering his face as two other boys nodded at him and quite a few girls fawned. He was wearing a dark blue sweatshirt, the word "Harvard" written across it in bold white letters, paired with dark jeans, and white sneakers. His hair coiled to perfection as he glided into the room.

I felt my eyes instinctively roll as he entered.

Looking down, I continued my doodles until I heard a low voice direct itself toward me

"Is anyone sitting here?" The voice inquired from slightly behind me.

I turned politely but immediately became agitated as I realized once again it was Dickhead Locker Boy.

I didn't actually know his name because he was rather new to the school, but just as I recognized him, he recognized me as well.

"Well well well, if it isn't weird fetish chick." He chirped in amusement.

"I'm sure you probably want me as near as possible."

Ugh. Could this idiot get any cockier?

"Shut up." I shot back

His face portrayed a mix of both amusement and surprise

"Oh damn. Feisty, huh?"

He laughed as my face puffed in anger. I didn't even know his name yet I already hated him.

"That seat is taken." I replied stolidly

"Yeah, by my ass." He shot back, grinning as he tossed his bag onto the floor and slid smoothly into the blue chair.

Groaning in irritation, I turned away from him and directed my view back toward Ms.Giles as she continued her lecture.

Ignore him Jenny.

It's his first day.

As I settled back into my chair, I refocused my thoughts, only to have them re-jumbled in a matter of minutes by a wad of paper to the side of my head.

The fuck?

I already knew it was Dickhead.

I picked up the crumpled mess, unraveling it and setting it on my desk as I read: