how to be a unicorn

this might be a little long but these are just a few things i sometimes do that make me feel a lot better, whether i'm sad, or just plain lazy. school started and i'm feeling kinda stressed out so i thought i'd do this! hope you find this helpful !!! (now i feel like changing the title from how about no to how to be a unicorn omg)

i. watch something. just lay down, relax, wrap a blanket around yourself and turn on a good comedy show, movie or your favorite tv show. you can watch weird youtube videos. they make me laugh and put me in a good mood 90% of the times

ii. buy yourself something small. some make-up or a new shirt, etc. it can also be food. if you're feeling down, go buy an ice cream and don't worry about the calories! sometimes your body craves for things like sugar, and it's okay to eat something like a piece of chocolate once in a while. (i do it too. omg nutella like give it to me i'll eat the whole jar and not even feel guilty about it lol)

iii. listen to music on speakers. put on your favorite artists, turn up the volume and just dance! you don't have to dance for hours long, it can be just for few minutes, during a one song. i do that very frequently, it drives my family crazy but they have to deal with my weirdness xD

iv. give yourself a manicure/pedicure, or take a bath. pampering your body is somehow soothing and head clearing. it makes you feel like you are doing something good to yourself and that helps your mood.

v. go for a walk at night. okay i do this one every day honestly and i love it because everything is quieter, and you can let your mind be at peace. take your headphones with and listen to some indie shit while walking. it seriously makes you realize how beautiful the nature surrounding you is. it wakes you up and puts you in a good mood too!

vii. play with some diy things. if you don't know what 'diy' stands for, it basically means 'do it yourself' and you have a lot of them on tumblr, weheartit, etc. you can make useful things for school, or even stupid crap like face masks, easy cupcake recipes and other really dumb but cool stuff you can play around with. be creative and give yourself some time off while having fun at the same time!

viii. drink water. a lot. lol i know this sounds stupid but it's like really good. drink it all the time. before you are thirsty. and before each meal! it can help you trick your mind that you're feeling full and will also help your body to take in just enough nutritions that you need. plus, you'll feel like you're doing something good for yourself xD *drinks one cup of water* fuck yes i'm healthy

ix. take a nap if needed! but don't go overboard with it lol.

me: i'm just gonna go rest my eyes for 5 minutes.

me: *wakes up on February 5th, 2096.*

x. do something healthy but also treat yourself. anything that gets your blood racing is probably worth doing.

xi. love yourself and don't stress out too much. if you feel like there's a big pressure surrounding you, take a step back and a deep breath. hold it in for a moment and ask yourself why are you stressed. whether it's school, family issues or wattpad updates, don't worry about it. you'll work it all out! just take it easy and order things first. you have time for everything trust me, you just need to use the time wisely.

xii. smile. because you're amazing and i love you.

and you're all my little unicorns. xx