True Colors

"Let go!"

"No!"

"I said, let go!"

"No!"

Sahara groaned. Her body ached all over and the noise wasn't helping.

"It's mine!"

"Nah uh. I found it!"

"You didn't find it you twerp! You took it out of my fridge!"

Sahara sat up. Groggily, she rubbed her eyes. As her vision blurred into focus she found herself staring at none other than Terrell and Naomi. Naomi was clutching a carton of strawberry milk which Terrell was trying to pry from her grasp. Half asleep, Sahara's eyes followed as the two tugged the carton back and forth.

"You have no right to rummage around my things!" Terrell finally managed to pull the carton away. He held one hand out, placing it on Naomi's forehead and keeping her at a distance as she wailed, trying to snatch the carton back. Terrell turned to look at Alegra, who was calmly sitting with her legs on the table, sipping some sort of drink.

"Keep your child under control!" Terrell told her.

"It's hard to tell which of the two is the child," Alegra replied lazily.

Sahara blinked a few times, trying to wake up. She got to her feet and stumbled towards Alegra. Naomi had given up on the carton. However, as she made a beeline for the fridge, Terrell raced her to it. He stood in front of it, holding his hands out to either side protectively.

"Oh no you don't!"

"I'm thirsty!" Naomi put her hands on her hips and glared at him.

"So?"

Sahara sat down in the chair beside Alegra. She put her elbow on the table and propped her head on her hand. "Should someone stop them?" she murmured sleepily.

Alegra snorted. "Don't worry about it. Naomi can handle herself."

Terrell let out a yelp in that moment as Naomi vengefully stomped on his toes.

"You little...!" Terrell made a lunge at her.

Naomi evaded him and then took a moment to stick out her tong. When Terrell ran at her again, she ran away squealing. She scampered up to Alegra, hiding behind her. Terrell paused as Alegra shot him a meaningful glare.

Grumbling, Terrell turned away.

Sahara watched as, with a sly smile, Alegra pulled a carton of strawberry milk out of her pocket and handed it to Naomi. The little grabbed it eagerly. Wrinkling her forehead, Sahara wondered when Alegra had gotten a hold of it. Not dwelling on it too long, she turned her attention back to Terrell who didn't notice the exchange.

"Are we training today?" Sahara asked.

Terrell grunted in reply.

"Training?" Alegra's interest was perked.

"It's none of your business," Terrell told her. Sahara scowled at him in disapproval, yet Terrell simply ignored her. "And aren't you and the twerp supposed to be out of here already?"

"Terrell!" Sahara was horrified at his rudeness.

"Alright, alright," Alegra raised a hand calmly. "I can take a hint." She leaned back in her chair comfortably. "We'll be gone before noon."

"Not soon enough," Terrell muttered. He abruptly walked over to the hover boards and grabbed one. "Let's go," he told Sahara as he marched to the door.

Sahara's eyes widened. "Now?"

"You want training or not?"

"But...what about work?" Sahara asked.