Alegra

Training is exactly what Sahara and Terrell in the next few days. Sahara would spend all her time either working at the café or training with Terrell. She was getting better at boarding and was even beginning to feel comfortable. Yet every time she asked, Terrell would snort and tell her that she was still a long way from being at a level where she could race.

Every morning it was the same thing. It would be a battle to get Terrell to wake up. Sahara found herself growing somewhat bolder in her attempts to do so. She came to realize that when she tried to get him up, she needed to stay out of Terrell's reach as he would automatically try to grab whatever, or whoever, tried to wake him. How Mo managed to calmly walk up to him and fall asleep on top of Terrell without facing the same fate, was a mystery to Sahara. However, one thing she knew for certain, Terrell liked to sleep. He would often do so in the most random places. How he managed to do so, was a mystery to her.

She was wondering about this as she wiped the counter in Drake's café. Jack was standing to one side, cleaning glasses as he kept an eye on a group of four youths who sat in the far corner. Though he was eyeing them suspiciously, Jack did no more than that.

He had come to a point where he left the customers up to Sahara as he realized that they would not be scared off as easily. Lately it seemed to be working as a few people began to come regularly. Yet despite this, the café was never full.

"We're closing up in five minutes," Jack called out so that everyone could hear him.

Though the sun was setting, it was only six. Yet Sahara wasn't surprised that Jack was already closing. He only kept the café open late on two days a week, and sometimes and extra day on the weekend. When Sahara had asked him about it he had muttered something about the city switching gears when it got dark.

"That's when the boarder crews become most active," he had told Sahara a little later. "I don't fancy staying open and letting my café becoming a hub for their fights."

 It explained quite a bit to Sahara, for she hadn't seen many boarders around since she had come, and especially no crews. Then again, other than the café and the warehouse, she didn't really go anywhere else, Terrell kept her to busy.

Where is he? the thought struck her as she looked around the café. She wiped a hand on the new pair of pants Terrell had bought for her. Of course, he had made sure to let her know that she would have to pay him back as soon as she could.

Customers were getting up and leaving, yet there was no sign of Terrell. While he often was present at the café, he had also been disappearing a lot lately. However, he had always been there to pick her up when she was done with work. He had said something about it being because you couldn't trust anyone in the city, especially at night.

Yet, since he wasn't here, Sahara decided to head back to the warehouse by herself. She grabbed the hovering board Terrell let her use and tucked it under one arm, deciding it would be safer to get on once she was in an area with less people. While she was better at boarding, she still wasn't that confident about not crashing into people.

Sahara took her time. The smell of food mixed with a scent of garbage, drifted through the streets. To the right a vendor was packing up, shooting hurried glances at the darkening sky. Sahara had never been out long after dark. Terrell somehow always made sure she was back at the warehouse by that time. It looked like the street vendor had the same idea.

A boarder, a girl, whizzed overhead, only inches from Sahara's head. Sahara turned, watching as the girl flew off, her hair streaming behind her. She was flying a lot higher than Sahara had gone. Yet Terrell had told her height would come with time. She watched as the girl skillfully turned and disappear around a corner.