Twisted Vernacular: Epilogue

She paced herself slow along the road, forgetting her earlier phone call. The neighborhood was quiet except for a few kids on bicycles, racing from some distance. As she walks, she loses herself in her solitude, even though her weary eyes did dampen her smile a little bit. Her tangled hair spiking in all the wrong directions. Except for her legs, they are now facing the way home. Facing down, she catches her footing, missing all the cracks on the uneven pavement, as she always has when she was a younger self. 'I'm fine', she thought.

When I get back I'll bury myself under the blanket and he'd waltz in smelling all coffee chocolaty-like and kiss my troubles goodbye at the top of my head. I will be loved.

'I'm not far now'; the thought drifted on her mind as she recognizes more familiar houses. Her breathing gets heavier as if every air that seeps in her lungs chokes the very life out of her. Her hands steadying the clean deep cut. And though her visions now foggy, she keeps pushing her next steps with the thoughts of home. 'I will make it; it's just that bloody corner.'

Soon after, reality stifled her motion. She broke into a run, forgetting her wound is still maroonishly wet. She pushed the curious neighbors and muted the crowd, ignoring the blatant sirens and cops and paramedics. An inspector walked out, a bag in his hands; transparent to her view is a gun that was unmistakably hers. The gun that her brother had taken from her last winter. 'My suicide gun. What's that doing here?'

     No.

                A body bag on the emergency cart broke into the picture and is carried out of her front door.

                No no no.              

                She doesn't want to think, nor believe that it is true.

                No.. no..

                With what little energy left, she got to the black colored human-size bag and stole a glance.

                ..... .. ... .Nn...

She fell through her side and collapsed in the arms of the now confused doctor.

Don't leave me.

A/N: Any last thoughts? What did you guys think? poeticpuppet and I would love feedback! Also, do you see the hidden poem? :)