Recovery

It's been 4 days since my 'incident' and I'm leaving the hospital today. "You ready to go princess" "ready as I'll ever be" he picks me up bridal style and carries me to the car. We sit in silence for a few minutes and then Vj speaks up. "Becky, if you had of died, I don't know what I would have done. And what makes it worse is that mine and your family's best efforts still weren't enough to save you. That hurt Becky . Did you not even care about where we would end up? " "you have no idea what it's like Vj. I have depression " "well tell me, because right now I just feel sick" "I feel like I cant breathe all the time. I feel like the walls are closing in on me. As if I'm drowning. Nothing matters except getting rid of that feeling and that meant dieing. I still feel like that now Vj. You have no idea how hard it is for me to live. I've lost so much." "But you haven't lost me!!! It's like I'm not good enough for you. " "Vj, it's not like that" "I can't do it Becky. I can't sit around pretending that nothing's wrong" I start to cry. "What are you saying Vj" "we are finished Becky"

I sit still for a minute not knowing how to react but all I know is that I need to get out of here now. I undo my seatbelt, open the car door and jump out. Vj stops the car to see if I'm ok but as soon as I stand up, he drives off. I don't know why, but the first thing I think of his to ring Matt. "Hey Becky what's up?" "Can you please collect me, I'm on the main road near the park" I said with my quivering voice. "Yeh course. Is everything ok?" "No... No it's not" "I'll be there in two minutes" he says and I hang up

A few minutes later, I see Matts car pull up on the sidewalk. He runs over to me and picks me up. "Let's get you home" he says and places me in the car. As we are driving along, he breaks the silence. "What happened Becky?""he broke up with me." "I'm so sorry Becky" "you know what? It doesn't matter. I don't need him. If he's not going to support me thank we weren't meant to be. I am going to fix this big mess and show everyone that I can make it through this. " "and I'll be with you every step of the way" "thanks Matt. Thank you so much"

When we get to the house, Matt starts acting a little strange. "You walk in first" he says, so I take the house key off him and walk in. The lights are all switched off so I immediately turn them on. "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Everyone in the village jumps up and surprises me. I completely forgot it was my birthday. There are banners everywhere, loads of food on the table, a big cake. "Guys you didn't have to do this" "no we didn't.... But we wanted to" Heath says walking out from behind the wall."HEATH" I scream and jump into his arms

"Please don't ever scare me like that again alright" he says referring to my suicide attempt. "But what are you doing here?" "We are here to be a family like we used to be" "we?" "BECKY" I hear a scream and see Darcy running towards me. I pick her up and spin her around. "Daddy told me about what happened your baby. Don't worry I'm going to look after you. Mammy has been teaching me how to bake. So we are gonna bake loads of cookies for you." My heart melts when I hear Darcy call Bianca mammy. Bianca has always felt like a mum to Darcy but Darcy had never called her it. "Thanks Darce"

I look up and see Bianca and baby Harley. I hug her and look around the room. I'm surrounded by the most amazing people. We are going to make it through this together. It will be a long journey but we will get there. But for now, let's enjoy the party with all the people I love.