Session 3 Dreamt of Butterfly

"I couldn't stand it anymore. After we were talking about him in the last session, he's still the first thing on my mind when i woke up and been holding myself back from contacting him. But after 9 days without contacting him, i gave up. Texted him this afternoon."

"Did he reply?"

"I said : hey. how have you been? Are you doing fine?
He replied : hii.. Yep i'm good.
Then we chat a while. He joked once. I laughed. Then i told him; i miss chatting and joking with you.. I'm telling this to someone's boyfriend.. Haha.. But consider it's okay ya..
He only replied : hahahaha
Then i said : let's stay friends. Don't be a stranger. I'll be here whenever you need someone to share, to talk to. Even though maybe you already have the one person you need. He only replied with  :)
But it's okay. I felt much better after chatting with him"

"There is an old Chinese proverb by Zhuangzi that said 
'Once upon a time, I dreamt I was a butterfly, fluttering hither and thither, to all intents and purposes a butterfly. I was conscious only of my happiness as a butterfly, unaware that I was myself. Soon I awaked, and there I was, veritably myself again. Now I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man'
What do you think of the quote?
What if the present you now is just a dreaming of another you?"

"That's a beautiful yet sad quote.
Actually i do too sometimes thinking that if the present me is actually not myself but only a dream that one day i'll be awaken and find my own self entirely different of what i thought i have always been all this time.
I have this thought more often especially when i was teen and my early year of depression.
More of like a wish, a prayer, that everything in my life is just a nightmare.
One day i'll wake up and find that my life is okay. I'm someone or something else. Happy."

"Will you wake up as someone else? Or will you wake up the same person but in different world?"

"I keep on hoping between those two. Someone else or in different world. Whichever as long as it's much better. As long as somehow, however, this is all just an extremely long nightmare and i'm actually happy in reality when i wake up.
I still wish and pray for that sometimes."

"I will write you a new prescription to help your depression and anxiety."