Chapter 13

Clang, clang. My head popped up at the abrupt noise that sounded like a pot hitting a marble floor.

I looked around confused then suddenly I was overcome with a pounding pain in my head. I dropped my head into my hands as I tried to remember what happened and what the fuck woke me up.

I looked around. The living room was huge and extravagant, it was Jacob Cooper’s living room. 

I was oddly positioned on the couch then I realized someone was under me?

The Jake was out cold underneath me, and I hadn’t noticed before. Holy fuck, I was so off my rocker.

I pushed myself off of him looking at my surroundings taking note of the many beer cans scattered over the expensive floor along with the many people scattered over the floor. 

Damn, what the hell? 

It felt like I was reminiscing on the old times. I used to wake up every Saturday at some random house with Jake next to me rocking a major hangover.

Old habits die hard.

I sighed as I tried to ignore the pounding in my head. 

Squawk. Squawk.

Was that a...chicken? Sure enough a chicken ran through the living room. 

Woah, I felt like I was in The Hangover. I quickly ran a finger over my straight, white teeth. I let out a sigh full of relief when I felt no gap in my mouth.

The sharp pain came back in my head. Water, I need water. I walked over to the refrigerator to get a bottle of water.

I looked to my left over to where the cabinets where and there lay Trey with his head on a pot. The pot acting as the pillow with his arms wrapped around a girl.

Sam’s going to be crushed. I thought sadly to myself.

I focused my vision as I walked a little closer. Holy shit.

It is Sam.

Naturally, I squeaked out of happiness. I quickly muffled it with my hand so I didn’t wake up anybody.

Holy shit damn.

I sat down at the breakfast bar trying to push aside the painful hangover and figure out what day it was.

Hmmm...I began to rub my temples with my fingertips, trying to make the pain subside a little. 

What did I do yesterday? 

What day was yesterday?

Better yet, what day is today?

Yesterday, I remember school, books flying, people going nuts, a lot of drinking, some serious party rocking(LMFAO<3)...

That only meant one thing.

School’s done.

Finally, I thought to myself.

This was the first day of summer. Next year would be my last year at Dale, Ty was going off to college. So was Trey.

I pushed myself up from the breakfast bar and silently walked through the backdoor into the Cooper’s Grecian themed back courtyard. All of the plants were full on gorgeous. They filled the air with the strong aroma of a garden.

I sat down on a marble bench with an intricate design engraved into it. 

So much stuff happened this year it was a lot to process.

First, Jake and I had the relationship people dream of having.

Second, dad cheated on mom with a whore.