Let me tell you, Allen. 3

Denden: sorry talaga kung nagiging english narration na sya, i'm trying my best to make this a taglish story... only that english's kinda dominating the story. Please understand that the setting is also English. >__<

For fail grammars&spellings, tell me. :3

ps. hindi ba bagay sakin ang drama? haha. sarreh kung nasanay na kayo sa rom-com. pero sana hindi po kayo ma-bore, I really like writing this one. Sorry, trying hard drama writer lang. XD

xxx-xxx

"I'm not telling," ngumiti sya tapos nag-hop sya until makaupo sya sa pavement, "How 'bout you?"

Lumapit ako sa kanya at umupo sa tabi nya and mimic her, "I'm not telling."

She glares at me, "Copydog."

"Cat." I corrected. 

"Dog." nevertheless, she insisted.

I just sigh to her almost irritating persistense, "Fine. Dog, puppy or whatever."

"Pff. Tell me! Tell me!" 

"What?!" 

"Your sickness!" 

"You wont tell yours so why would I?" 

"Argh." she bits her lower lip, "I'm a constant liar. I tell mix truth and lies so it will always be up to you if ya wanna believe. So you still want to ask me the same question?"

So, she's a liar?

"Sure, why not." so what if she's a liar? Atleast she warned me, so I won't have any reasons to believe hard in her words.

"You said so," pinatong nya yung braso nya sa tuhod nya at inihiga ang ulo nya as she turns to me, "I have asthma, been staying here for a month and some weeks."

"Asthma," I nod, "That bad?" 

"Nah..." 

"Then why that long?" 

"Dunno. Time after time, bad attacks come. But nothing deadly or suffocating." 

"I see."

"So what about you? Ah yeah, I've not ask your name yet." 

"It's Allen. I'm actually dying." nabigla sya sa sinabi ko kaya napaangat ang ulo nyang nakadantay sa braso nya. 

"You're dying?!" 

"Sort of." confusion is clearly written in her face. "I've got heart problems, ya heard about those attacks that in one blow might kill you?"

She nods and I continue, "I'm one of those lucky bastards who has that. Everyday my body worsen. I'm staying in the hospital 'coz in 3days I'll be having my operation."

"Then you do have a transplant! So why're you saying that you're dying?! Aint transplant a sign of living and not dying?" 

"Yeah, big deal." I laugh in sarcasm, "Not when chances are not even the half of a hundred."

"You whiner!" 

"What kind of heck accusation should that be?!" medyo nainis-nagulat kong sabi.

"In life, percentage is just a number! Transplant is always a transplant! Why are you such a pessimist?!" 

"What sense there is in a 20% chance of success?!" bakit ba ako nakikipagdebate tungkol sa buhay ko dito sa weird creepy girl na 'to? It's annoying me.

"And what sense there is to waste the heart that is about to be given to you?! Atleast believe! Atleast have a 100% faith! 20 plus 100 makes 120% surpassing the hundred!" 

"Don't teach me math! I know better!" I start scolding her. 

"I'm not teaching you math," calm she begins, "I'm teaching you to believe more than beyond."

"Shut up." it gets depressing whenever I hear such conversation.

"You don't know the feeling of being dead when you're alive." tinakip ko kamay ko sa mukha and starting to feel great depression.

"You mean being between life and death?"

"Yeah! Exactly! That feeling of not knowing if it's life or death for you, that feeling of being in the middle of two skyscrapers. That feeling... That..." nanginginig na ako, hindi ko makuha yung word, hindi ko alam ang sasabihin ko, "That feeling of being inbetween, that middle that I don't even know how to call it..."

"Middle..." she mumbles to herself.

Tinanggal ko yung kamay ko sa mukha ko at tinignan sya in agony, "Tell me Shekinah, what's inbetween life and death? Where am I? If you can tell me what's inbetween them... Then maybe that's where I am right now."

She gazes at me but not too long she stands up and stretches her hand to me, "Let me tell you Allen that between life and death is hope. That's where you are now. Let's go?"

"W-where?" confused and surprised, I managed to ask.

"Come, take my hand." and with no doubt, I take her hand and she leads me to every roads of hope.

She never said anything wise, she never said anything helpful, she never said anything inspiring nor convincing but...

She told me something that has captivated a part of me... My soon-to-go-away heart.