Chapter 8

Beauregard's P.O.V.

With an urgency we open up the windows to our cabin trying to push out the smoke that was originating from the frying pan.

"Remind me to never let you step foot in this kitchen again." I growl out in frustration grabbing the pan and setting it in front of the window.

She laughs embarrassed by the turn of events that involved our dinner.

"I'm sorry, I never really had to cook much for Hunter- we usually hunted." She admits sheepishly, and I growl again in mild frustration; my palms turning red from the heat of the hot pan that I hadn't bothered putting on a heating pad on to move.

Emmeline grimaces when she catches sight of my redden hand; she walks around the island counter and takes my wrists into her hands.

"Why didn't you grab heating pad?" She questions forcing me towards the sink where she turned on the kitchen sink faucet.

"Too busy trying to get the nasty smoke out of the cabin, the smells going to linger for a night or two." I reply, watching as her smaller hands gently run over my large and rough once to cool the heated skin.

She sighs and leans around me to grab a dish towel, turning the faucet off and drying my hands. I was surprised that she was being so gentle; she wasn't a mean thing but I never expected such gentleness from a Luna desperate to save her possession in her pack.

"I'll be fine." I state forcing myself to remove myself from her grasp.

"...okay, um; I can make sandwiches." She offers heading to the fridge grabbing some lunch meat and dressing. I think sandwiches was going to be the best road for the night. I nod my head and got into the cupboard grabbing the bread.

We set about the chore of making a couple of sandwiches for ourselves. Before I knew it I had made myself up to six sandwiches to her four; I set our plates next to one another at the table. Emmeline set two cups by our plates filling them with milk, I pulled out the chair for her and pushed her in before taking the seat beside her. After we both finished a sandwich I knew I had to apologize about earlier.

"I'm sorry if I had snapped at you earlier... it's just this situation makes me a bit uncomfortable." I apologize trying to find the right words to use.

She smiles tentively.

"We're both uncomfortable, this is new and very fast for the both of us." She says speaking quickly, then widen her eyes embarrassed by her outburst; quickly taking a big bite of one of her sandwiches.

I swallow down the emotions that threatened to bubble up and take a drink of my milk before I decided to tell her the truth and what I had on my mind.

"I've been waiting 435 days- hell nearly 20 years of my life waiting for even a chance of have a mate, Emmeline. Then you come to me like my saving grace and saved my life. I'm sorry that you have lost your mate, but I am thankful that you have found me. That we will now both have the chance to become the rightful leaders of our packs. Not only that but with our union we will bring two great packs together as one. You have honored me greatly by coming across me and saving me from my fate." I explain taking a deep breath I take her hands in mine. "This awkward stage between us will pass with time. It has to; now how about we get to the introduction. Hello I'm Beauregard Shyrewolf, future Alpha of Shyrewolf Pack." I say keeping my eyes fully on her bright blue ones.