Chapter 4

Emmaline's P.O.V.

I laugh nervously and look around me until I spotted the living room and decided to take this conversation to a more comfortable surrounding. I grasp Beauregard's hand and lead him there. Once there and near some seats I drop his hands and take a seat. He stands for a few minutes longer before taking the seat across from me. We sat in silence for what felt like eternity but it being only being three to four minutes.

"I don't have any clue." I admit picking nervously at my blouse.

"Well we better figure out- and fast." He comments and I laugh nervously again.

"Definitely." I agree.

"Alright... I don't want to sound insensitive but how you and Hunter do to get to know each other- beside the instant connection you get by meeting your mate?" He asks.

"Oh- um, wow that's was nearly four years ago." I admit shocked by the timeline.

"Go on." He encourages softly, trying to remain patient.

"He had just recently transferred to our pack- his Uncle is the current Beta for my father. I was running my usual errands when his scent hit me. It was unfamiliar and I perceived it as an immediate threat. So I tracked down the threat and there he was. Our gazes met and the whole world seem to freeze, and a sound that reminded me of two puzzle pieces together echoed around us. Then he kissed me, I was so shocked that I had shoved him away and ran away. I avoided him for two days before he was the one to do the tracking down. He asked me to dinner, and before I knew it he was asking me questions- a never ending list of them. All up to the day he died." I tell Beauregard feeling myself being thrust back in time to the exact moment of meeting and losing Hunter forever.

"Okay- then dinner, I'll make us a dinner and we'll talk." He says with the sound of uncertainty tinting his voice.

I could only nod in agreement because I feared I would lose my will to not break down and cry.

".... Once I get some food to cook." He mummers to himself.

A hoarse laugh escapes me, surprising he and I both. Then my laughing continued, I haven't laughed in nearly seven months.

"Let's go shopping, we'll start our talk while we visit... do you guys have a shopping square?" I question after I was able to calm down from my laughing fit.

"Yes, but I'll need to talk to my father to get my bank account back up." He answers standing up form his seat and I followed his league.

"Lead the way, Wolf-Man." I say with a small smile.

He looks me over for a moment and offers me his hand. With a brief moment of hesitation I slipped my hand into his and than entwined my fingers with my own. I set of goosebumps erupt up my arms in reaction to the warmth his was skin was giving off. If he noticed he didn't mention anything. We walked in silence for a couple of minutes, and during the silence I took in the packs small made up town.

"Who was going to be your Beta?" He asks breaking the silence.

I smiled at him and conjured up the face of one of my best friends.

"My best friend Gabby, she was Hunter's cousin. I've known her my whole life." I answer happily.

"What's she like?" He wonders giving our arms a little swing between us.

"Strong... happy, hasn't found her mate yet. Oh she's only 30 and has been training to be my Beta since she was 15." I reply fondly, then thought it was rude not to ask him about his own choice. "What about you, who were you going to choose?" I add.

"Hisensei, never had to think about it. I knew he was Anna's mate before they did. Hell I was there when Hisensei was born and I was 15. I announced there and then he was to be my Beta. My dad wasn't that pleased, he wanted me to choose someone around my age." He informs me, and he smiles fondly as he brings up the memory.

"Wow, so much more description then my own." I tease lightly, but it came out a little sharp being as I'm not really the teasing type.

"Well you don't seem like much of the talker." He replies and I smile because he was completely right.

"You're right and I'm not used to... P.D.A., I'm serious; hand holding is as far as I have ever gone in public." I admit, feeling my face warm with my embarrassment.

"There doesn't have to be anything else. I'm not big on displays of affection either." He assures with a tight smile.

I smile back and caught some movement with the side of my eyes and I look around us to see we are being watched. By some members of his pack as they tried to look as if they are working. Girls giggling and whispering to one another, men with their women that watched us curiously. It was making me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"We're being watched." I inform him stepping a bit closer so we wouldn't be overheard.

He laughs, and his laugh is hoarse- dry. A lot like my own, we don't have very much to laugh about these days.

"It's going to be this way for a while. Despite they're prayers to the Old Ones, there wasn't much hope of me finding my mate before my execution. " He explains nodding his head to our observers in acknowledgment.

"That's going to make this harder." I retort.

"What exactly?" He teases.

I sigh and let my shoulders relax.

"Us pretending that we're actually Mates." I reply softly.

"Well that's what tonight is for- to get this all figure out." He assures, giving me a sad but calculating smile.

................................

A/N

Sorry suckiness ik, but here you go and I will update hopefully sooner rather than latter. I am also going to inform you that I work five days a week leaving me on really two possible days for updates which are Mondays and Wednesdays.

And that's all I got- so until next time.

Peace.