Past and present

Osuin P.O.V

I needed to tell her, I knew Acantha wouldn't like the fact that Clarista and I are dating. She would feel as if I was moving too fast, she would think I forgot all about her. By the look on her face at lunch, my assumptions reined true.

"Acantha listen I can expl-

"No Osuin, you're moving too fast she only died recently. Your blood mate, this can't be happening." Acantha sighed in exasperation. "If you really want to do this then fine but she's not yours, Gwen was." She turned around swiftly and shuffled back to eat her lunch.

I stood motionless for a brief second but gained feeling back in my legs and I walked back in Clarista was sitting with a group of people I was unfamiliar with except Xavier, Damien and her. There was a guy there though glancing at Clarista. The way he looked at her make me feel sick.

Tell them, tell them that she is ours. Osuin be strong she is your last chance of happiness.

I knew my inner vampire was right, she is mine, she is my last chance of happiness.

"Hi Clarista can I talk to you for a minute." I said. She nodded her face was emotionless, this was my chance. My chance to tell her about Gwen, about her being my last chance of being happy. I can't mess things up, not now not ever.

"Osuin what's wrong, you haven't been acting like normal today." Clarista said a spark of worry in her voice.

"I'm fine, I just need to tell you something that may change your look on me." I swallowed a lump that felt a if it was lodged in my throat. "I've already found my blood mate, her name was Gwen, she was a sorceress like Acantha, I also met her through Acantha. One night Gwen and I were driving home, she told me she didn't want me as her mate and said that she was pregnant with another mans baby. The vampire in me bubbled up to the surface and drove into a brick wall. The impact killed her, I was alone my vampire was in solitude for months after, he killed her, I killed her. I wouldn't blame you if you didn't want to talk to me ever again, I just want to tell you that I believe that you're my second chance for happiness."

"Osuin I don't really know what to say but sorry, I'm sorry for what she did to you. She didn't deserve you, it's not your fault she's dead to any regular non-supernatural it would have looked intentional. Listen I know that last comment may not have helped what I'm trying to say is that you are incredibly brave for telling me that and it wasn't you, something must have clicked in your vampire. I've lost so many mates if you are my last chance, which I think you are, I should snap it up lets forget about the past and old mates lets just think about now and the future. As cliche as it sounds it would be perfect if we just jumped in." She said hugging me when she was finished talking.

I was so happy that she understood but I was getting light headed with the fact that she didn't blame me, she likes me for who I am. It still doesn't help with my guilt but I think I love her. I love Clarista, I'm never giving her up. Ever.

Clarista's P.O.V

His news shocked me I couldn't believe all the things he went through be that's life and I'm never going to judge him on want happened in the past. It would be pointless. I'm falling for him not who he used to be. I'm dying, hopefully he's my savior. I can't be crushed and left again my wolf is starting to slowly feel more alive each day. He's the one, my true mate.

"Osuin I need to tell you about my past I need you to know what happened to me before. I thought I found my mate two times. I think you're the last, the final page, my clean slate. I'm dying Osuin, I found my mate before the surge he left then tried to captivate me, he raped me as well but he's dead I know it, the other guy thought I was a liar he turned away when I needed him and he went through with the rejection. I felt lost and alone but with you my wolf is getting better and I think I love you." by then I was a mess of sobs I let out my deepest most darkest feelings I felt as if a weight had been lifted of my shoulders. "I need to you to mark me, I know I sound desperate but I believe you're the one." I smiled through my tears.