Chapter Three: Hailey

Agh. Sun. Bright. Grrrrr.

I roll over and look at the clock. 8:30am. It's Sunday. Too early to be awake. Ugh. I hate the stupid sun. I wish it would just go away for an hour or two so I could get just a little more sleep. But no.

I turn over and then I meet the floor. Shit. That hurt.

I push myself up off the floor and walk to my closet. What to wear today. Hmmm. Let's go with.... Faded denim ripped shorts, the random guys red 'Avenged Sevenfold' hoodie, and some black combat boots. Perfect.

I go to the bathroom, put the clothes on then brush out my messy and tangled hair. Then I put on loads of mascara and a lot of dark eye liner and eye shadow. Then some light pink gloss. There.

I walk back into the room and grab my phone and iPod. I slip them in my back pocket and grab my headphones and sunglasses then leave my room.

I plug my headphones into my iPod and stick one in my ear and the other just draped over and the blast some My Chemical Romance. One of the best bands ever. But they broke up. Makes me so sad.

I walk into the kitchen and grab a pear. Yum. The two boys from yesterday are in the kitchen. Oh awesome.

"Hi. We didn't get to properly meet yesterday. I'm Noel. And you are?" One of the boys, now known as Noel, said coming and sitting down by me at the table.

"I'm Sage." I say with a quick small smile and continue to eat my pear. I don't really eat a lot. I'm not bulimic or anorexic or anything, I just don't really eat. I used to be though. And I cut my stomach as punishment once because I didn't throw it up.

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl." Noel said smirking. Yuck. Worst pick up line I ever heard. Ever.

"Call me when you get a better pick up line, because I'm not answering right now." I said standing up and walking to the door. Then the other boy comes and blocks it. Damn it.

"I'm Gage. Your Trisha's daughter right?" He asks. Ugh. My horrid mother. The lock ness monster herself.

"More or less." I snap and push him to the side and step out of the kitchen. I go outside the house and walk around a bit. I hear a guitar, electric and acoustic, and singing, and keyboard, but no drums.

I walk to where the sound is and stop. Four girls playing instruments.

A blonde girl in a light blue dress on acoustic guitar.

A brunet girl with blue highlights wearing red skinny jeans and an off the shoulder t-shirt on electric guitar.

A girl with black hair and blonde highlights wearing long in the back short in the front flowing black skirt, and a grey Micky Mouse t-shirt on keyboard.

And a girl with bright red curly hair wearing black ripped skinny jeans and a black 'You Me At Six' t-shirt with red lettering, singing.

All the girls are wearing black combat boots. Looks like I'd fit in perfectly with theses girls.

They stop playing and notice me starring. The red head walks over to me.

"Hey. I'm Hailey. You new here?" She asks smiling.

"Just visiting my mom for the summer. And I'm Sage." I say.

"Nice to meet you. You play?" She asks.

"Hell yeah. I see you don't have a drummer?" I say but it comes out more like a question.

"You play drums?" She asks.

"Yeah...." I say kinda shyly.

"Awesome. We need a drummer." She says motioning me to follow her to the other girls in the garage. "You wanna play with us sometime?" She turns around and asks me.

"Totally!" I shout.

"Awesome! Well this is D.J, she plays keyboard. Anna, she's on electric. And Maya, she's on acoustic. And I'm Hailey, and I sing." She says smiling after introducing me to the girls.

"I'm Sage." I say smiling and waving a little.

They all say hello and we all sit around and talk for a while when it starts to get dark. Maya, Anna, and D.J left and it was just me and Hailey.

She's really awesome. We like the same bands, same clothes, same everything. She's also 16 and a sophomore like me.

"You wanna come over?" I ask. Trisha won't care. And if she does, well, I don't give a shit.

"Yup. Let me go tell my dad and pack my stuff and I'll be right down." She says then heads inside.

When we get to my house we go to my room and talk some more. Then around 2:15am we finally decide to crash. We both fall asleep.

I made a friend. Wow. Never thought I'd do that. Go me. And I get to play drums in Black Blood. The name on the band. We are Black Blood. Bad ass name huh?

Soon I'm off to sleep. Best. Day. Ever. Maybe this summer won't be all that bad after all.