D.R.U.G.S.

D.R.U.G.S.

Here I am. Standing outside a huge house. A mansion. With suitcases at my sides, making no moves to get any closer. I was at my moms house in New York, where she moved to after her and dad divorced. My dad shipped me to visit her for the summer. To say I was happy would be a complete lie. I haven't seen her since she left me and dad when I was just about to turn 6.

I'm 16 now. That was a long time ago. 11 years to be exact. She sent me letter, emails, texts, and even called, but I never read, replied, or answered. She left my life and now she decides to be a part of it? Hell no.

My dad forced me to come. Even though I begged not to he still made me. This summer is going to suck ass. That was my only thought.

I stood there for a little longer before I decided to go ring the doorbell. I grabbed my bags and walked to the door. I put my stuff down and knocked. I waited a few seconds then knocked again. And again. And again. And again. I kept knocking till someone finally opened the door.

Mom. She sure looks happy to see me. Not. I probably annoyed the hell out of her. Good. That was the point. Mission accomplished. Point one to Sage Crofts.

"Sage." My mom greeted blankly.

"Trisha." I said back. I never called her my mom. Because she wasn't. She isn't. She was never there, and I don't want her now. She made up her mind when she left. No taking it back now. It's too late. What done is done. I like it that way and it's a hell of a lot better that way too.

"Your room is up the stairs, the door on the left." She said then walked away. Great greeting. Just so nice and welcoming. This is going to be one long summer.

I walk in and shut the door then I head upstairs to 'my' room. It was huge. It was the size of my house. My house wasn't small but it was tiny in comparison to this house. I unpacked all of my stuff, made the bed with the sheets I brought and laid down on the bed.

I grabbed my purse and started searching for my 'medications.' I found the things I was looking for and laid them on the bed.

A small green pill, for my depression. A slightly bigger white pill, for my insomnia. And an orange lighter and a cigaret to calm me down. It really helped. It's a proven fact. I'm addicted. It's bad. I know. I just can't help it.

My dad knows and although he disapproves, he doesn't stop me. He would rather know I'm doing it than me going behind his back and hiding it from him.

He even let's me drink. I don't do it all that often, but he trusts me.

I took the pills then I lit the cigaret in my hand and put it between my lips taking a long drag. Then I took the cigaret out and blew out the smoke.

I used to be a chain smoker. But now I just smoke every now and then. And weed is my weakness. I wonder if there's any pot heads here I can buy shit from. I will deffinetly look into that sometime soon. I didn't bring very much with me.

Right now I just need sleep. Something I haven't had much of lately cause I've been so mad and stressed about coming here. Maybe I can just stay up here in my room all summer. Yeah. That sounds like the perfect plan.

I finish the cig and put it out on my shoe. I then take off my shoes and socks and walk to the closet.

I grab some pjs. Well.... Shorts and my dads t-shirt. Matching underwear and bra and lay them on the bed.

I then go to the bathroom to shower. I turn on the water and step in. It feels so good on my skin. I wash my body then my amazing long, straight brown hair then step out and wrap a towel around myself.

I walk into the room, and holding the towel in front of me, put on my clothes.

I throw the towel to the floor and slip into bed. So comfy. I could get used to this bed for the next two months. I'm going to have to.

I sigh then finally fall asleep. Wondering how sucky tomorrow is going to be