Essay: My mid-teen crisis rant

[Essay]

My mid-teen crisis rant:

They say the wiser you are, the less happy you become.

I have potential? That's what you say. But no, everybody has potential. If you're truly determined, you could be anything you want. So then, why waste your life following a path you know you won't be happy trekking? Then there's another question. So what makes you happy? What should you do with your life to make you truly happy? I don't know, and that might just be the problem.

To be honest, I wouldn't mind writing for the rest of my life, going on adventures and reading books, but it seems like my version of being happy doesn't pay the bills.

Well, guess what?

Life sucks.

It's an unhappy paradox that always ends the same. That doesn't mean you should go and kill yourself just to get it over with. Do what you can to make yourself happy for the time being, never waste a minute of your life, and maybe you'll find a path worth living.

As for me? I guess I'll hang around in limbo for a while. Maybe I'll become a model, maybe an astrophysicist, but like everybody else, I kinda hope my book will be successful.

It's funny. We all want peace and quiet, a lazy life with servants and romance, but living so idly becomes overwhelming after a while.

I would know. I've practically lived in limbo my entire life.

But maybe it wasn't limbo. Maybe this world has already ended and we're nothing but strands of memories trying to survive.

No, not limbo.

I've lived too long for it to be limbo, I've grown and formed into an actual living being. A character. A person. Not a robot programmed to live and think a certain way.

No, definitely not limbo, but it makes me wonder. After living in such a controversial paradox plagued with a battle over logic and emotions, I wonder if I've already landed myself in hell.

Point: Don't get me wrong, life is pretty good, but I've never exactly been one of many fears.