Chapter 5 Hospital & little Boo

Chapter 5

Recap:

As soon as we walked through the double doors of the entrance of the school, I could feel the cold air, as it hit me on my tear stained face. 'I must look like a mess...' I thought to myself. But who cars!? Jake walked to the passenger side of the car, and gently put me on the seat. After that he took my face in his big, soft, warm hands, and said. " It'll all be okay Skyla. I promise you." With saying that he bent down, leaned in, and softly placed a kiss on my forhead. Why is it never the lips? I thought to myself. Jake quickly jumped into the driver side, started the car with a loud roar from the engine, and sped us out the front gates...

~Skylas POV~

The half an hour drive to the hospital was a long, painful drive. Jake would try to console me every now and then, but nothing seemed to help. As I sat there in the passenger seat, I stared outside as the trees came whizzing by. Today is...... Was...... Actually a nice day. I could still feel my tears running down my cheeks every now and then. I think I'm all cried out

I wrapped my arms around myself, only actually then realising how cold I felt. Jake noticed this and put the heater on. I felt a tiny bit better. "Thanks." I said and gave him a grateful smile. "Anything for you Sky." He said with a loving look in his eye. With that said he took one of my hands out of my lap and held it in his big warm one.

We were about a little more than halfway to the hospital, when Jake aburptly stopped. What the... He got out of the car and walked into the woods that was on the side of the road. "Jake?" I said in a shaky voice. No reply. 'Where did he go?' I waited a few more seconds and called his name out again. Only louder tis time.

"Jake??" Still. Nothing. Around 2 minutes later, I saw something moving. Jake walked through the thick bushes with something inside his leather jacket. I swear. If thats a rat or something, I'm getting out of this car and running to the hospital.

He came back to the car, and sat back down with a soft 'umph' I eyed him suspiciously, and thats when I saw the "thing" inside his jacket move...

"Jake." I said as steadily as I could. " What the hell is in your jacket?" Asif in que, it made a sound, but not a ratty sound. A.... Cute... One? Oh my... Just what did he have in there!? Jake turned to face me, and give me one of his dazling smiles.

He slowly reached inside of his jacket, and pulled out a tiny creature. Its small, very hairy... I think I'm re considering the rat idea... And then it made a soft little whiny noise. Now it was completely visible. 'That is soo not a rat!!' A little tiny Pomeranian sat there in Jakes arms. " OMW! Jake! Where did you get this cutie!?" I said in a high pitched squeel. Momentarily forgetting about my parents.

He looked at me and then laughed. " I saw it wondering around in the woods...." "But its eyes ar not even open! This poor little puppy mustve been born not more than a day or 2 ago!" I said with a look of horror on my face. Jake started the engin again and we were on our way to the hospital.

"What would have happened to this poor little guy if we hadnt seen him!?" I shrieked. "Well then I'm glad we did see him." He said. " Have you thought of a name for him yet?" Jake asked. I started petting the lil guy and said," Hey little Boo Boo. Who's a good boy. Huh? Who's a good boy."I said in my "baby" voice. "Aanndd I think it has a name." Jake said softly to himself. Me being me I didnt really listen to what he said. " Sorry I wasnt listening. Say again."

Jake made a husky low laugh that made me go completely red. " I asked if you have a name for him yet, but I guess you have it already. Isnt that right litle Boo Boo." Jake said imitating the baby voice I had made earlier. I started laughing uncotrollably. " Oh my word Jake! I'm completely and utterly affended! I did NOT sound like that!" I said playfully hitting him on the shoulder. "But... Boo does sound soooooooo cute! I'm gona keep it! Did you hear that lil fella? Your new name is Boo!!"

For a moment, it was like the accident didnt happen. But then the hospital came into view, and a wave of depression came over me. And I started to tear up again. Jake quickly stopped infront of the hospitals main entrance and I jumped out of the car closed the door and sprinted all the way to the front desk.

The lady behind the desk gave me a friendly a friendly smile. "Helo," she said," How can I help you?" "Hi uhmmm.... My parents," I tried to say but I was out of breath."They.... Th-they were in a car accident. Where are they?" "Sorry honey whats your last name?" " James." "And their names are?" I was staring to get impatiant. " Eli and Kyle James." "Ahh here they are. 6th Floor room 14D." "Thank you! " I turned around to start running when she called me back. " Oh honey! Your mothers in surgery.... She wont be comming out for the next 5 hours...." 'WHAT!?!?!' "Oh, ok thanks!"

I ran to the elevator, but just as I got there it closed. 'Arrggh! I dont have time to wait for it!' I found the stairs and started running up them. 'Am I seriously gonna run up 6 fleights of stairs!?' It took me 12 minutes but I finally made it to 6th floor. ' 14D 14D 14D 14D 14D' I kept chanting to myself. ' I cant freaking find it! '

I passed by a nurse and quickly stopped. "Hey sorry!" She turned around. "Hello, may I help you?" "Yes please, 14D?" "Uhmmm, I'm kindof new here, but I think its on the 4th floor?" ' WTF!Wrong floor!' " Oh ok thanks." She gave me a nod and continued in the opposite direction. I ran down the 2 sets of stairs. '14D 14D 14D 14D 14D' I still cant find it!

I saw an older looking nurse, and ran towards her. "Hey sorry I think I might be lost. 14D?" "Oh honey thats on the 7th floor." 'I'm gona lose it!!' " THANK YOU!!!!" I yelled at her while running to the stairs. 7 minutes later I was there. I went to the front desk. "Hi 14D?" "Just follow the corridor down the hall on the left, darling." the guy said. "Thank you." ' Wow, he's kinda cute.' I thought to myself while running down the hall.

I came to the end, and looked to my left. On the door it read, 14D. I briskly walked into the room, and saw my dad with an IV in his arm, a small pipe in his nose, his left arm was in a cast and so was his left foot. He had about 8 stiches on his forhead just above his right brow.

I slowly walked to his side and sat on the chair next to his bed. I took his hand in mine. It felt cold. I stared at my my dad, as the tears started to brim in my eyes. Just then Jake walked in with Boo in his arms. He brought the chair on the otherside of the room and set it down next to me. I stood up and he took me into a big bear hug. "Everythings going to me okay Sky baby." he whispered into my ear, and drew circles onto my back.

I felt safe in his arms. The only sounds in the room was Jakes breathing and the slow beeb that came from my dads monitor.

"Skyla...." I heard a soft hoarse voice say. I turned around, and saw my dad looking at me. I quickly walked to him. "Hey daddy. How are you feeling?" "Skyla.... Help." he said. ' What does he mean "help"?' I looked at him baffeled. "What?" he started getting a far away look in his eyes. "Daddy!?"

The slow ' beep......beep......beep......beep......' turned into a 'beep.......................beep...................beep' And then suddenly. The room was filled with a loud, long.

'Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep"

"DADDY!?" " Doctor help!!" Jake started yelling and ran outside the room looking for help. About 7 doctors and nurses came running into the room with a reviver. They switched it on and its charged. They grabbed it stood infront of my now dead dad. You could hear the electricity crackling. And then just one word that sent me into despair and crying again.

"Clear."

Hey guys!!! How you doin?

How was this chapter?. Her dad :( What do you think'll happen?

Lol I sat sick at home today :(

sorry for any misspellings!!

VOTE

COMMENT

LIKE

FOLLOW

LOVE

HATE(PLEASE DONT:(<3)

LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!

-Charlize <3