The Fight

"What was that for?" Italy asked angrily as he got out of the car with Romano. They had spent the whole ride home in silence and Italy was kind of angry.

"He was pissing me off." Romano explained.

"How? He was just being his usual self. Oh France, what a goof!" Italy said with a laugh.

"Sometimes you are so dumb, do you know that?!" Romano spit out angrily.

"What are you talking about?" Italy asked, surprised at his brothers sudden change in attitude.

"You're so naive and stupid! Yet everyone loves you and thinks you're brilliant." Romano said, raising his voice.

"It's not my fault everyone loves me Lovino, maybe you should try making some friends." Italy said with tears in his eyes. He had said Romano's real name. Romano was pissed.

"Don't call me that you idiotic bastard! You get all the praise from Grandpa Rome and all our friends when all you do is paint and eat pasta! I'm sick of it!" Romano yelled.

"WELL MAYBE IF YOU ACTUALLY TRIED AND STOPPED SWEARING AND BEING MEAN ALL THE TIME, GRANDPA ROME WOULD ACTUALLY LIKE YOU." Italy screamed as hot tears ran down his face.

"THAT'S IT. I'M DONE TRYING TO PROTECT YOU. I WANT INDEPENDENCE." Romano yelled back, his face turning a deep shade of red. Italy immediately stopped crying.

"What did you just say?" Italy asked in total disbelief.

"I. Want. Independence." Romano repeated, barely even believing the words that were coming out of his own mouth.

"Romano, no." Italy cried. He felt like his whole world was collapsing around him. They had never gotten into a fight this bad before.

"This means war." Romano growled angrily before getting into his car and driving off. Italy immediately collapsed to the ground and sobbed into his hands. Romano didn't want to be brother's with him anymore. This meant a civil war was about to go down. Italy picked himself off the ground, a million emotions running through his head. Anger, sadness, distrust, he knew who he needed to call.

"Germany! Germany!" Italy cried into his phone.

"What's wrong Ita-chan?" Germany asked worriedly. Italy just sobbed into the phone. He couldn't even talk without choking up.

"I'll be there as soon as possible." Germany said, not even waiting for Italy to respond. Italy was his closest Ally, he needed to make sure he was okay.

***

Romano had been driving for a while, not knowing where to go. He finally decided on going to Spain's house. That tomato loving Spaniard was always in a good mood.

"Romano! ¿Cómo estás amigo?" Spain said as he opened the door to his house.

"Don't speak Spanish to me you jerk." Romano said as the Spaniard hugged him tightly. Romano pushed away and blushed a little at the affection.

"Oh come on you little Italiano, you know you love me." Spain said as he let Romano in. Romano couldn't help but think it was true. Romano despised many people, but for some reason, Spain was the only person he could really tolerate for long periods of time.

"So, how was Italy mi amigo?" Spain asked as Romano sat down on the couch. Spain had already known it had gone poorly, otherwise Romano wouldn't be at his house so late at night. Spain loved Romano. But Romano couldn't tell. He just thought Spain was trying to be nice. Spain knew Romano didn't share the same feelings but he didn't care. As long as he got to see Romano and talk to him every day he was happy.

"It was awful. I declared my independence for Christ's sake." Romano admitted as he buried his hands in his face. Spain sat down next to him on the couch and wrapped his arm around Romano's shoulder, pulling them closer together. Romano didn't mind the warmth of the other boy, it comforted him.

"You're going to war against your own brother?" Spain asked softly in disbelief. Spain's voice also comforted Romano. Maybe that's why Romano liked him so much. Spain was his shoulder to cry on. Romano looked up into the green eyes of the Spaniard and asked,

"Will you help me? Be my ally? I need you."

"Of course, mi amigo." Spain purred as he looked back at the Italian. Romano immediately started sobbing and dug his face into Spain's chest. Spain wrapped him into a hug and eventually Romano fell asleep, clutching onto Spain like a baby clutches onto their blanket.

Once Spain knew Romano was fully asleep, he removed himself from the Italian and covered him with a blanket. He smiled as he noticed how cute the boy was, curled into a ball on his sofa. Spain watched for a few minutes before going upstairs to his bedroom.

aye shit just went downnnnnnn. Hope you liked that little bit of Spamano at the end. there's a lot more where that came from 😉😉.. Anyway, thank you for reading!! Hope you enjoyed 😃😃