|Chapter Three|

It's been a couple of days since Aiden wrote that note on my door and I have been avoiding him like the plague.

I was still upset. Confused even.

How dare he write that to me? The nerve that obnoxious asshole had!

"Sarah are you even listening to me?" Emma said, snapping me out of my thoughts. I turned to look over at her while she scooped up a spoonful of icecream and shoved it into her mouth.

We were in the Genards Icecream shop because it was a friday and this was something we always done every day after school.

I shook my head sheepishly, "No I wasn't. Sorry can you repeat that again?"

I watched her roll her eyes. "Sarah you have to get over that whole note thing. It happened days ago."

"I know." I knew she was right. But I was still a little upset. I don't know why. He shouldn't have done that. It wasn't in his place. Not after everything that has happened.

"But you don't. You're letting something so little eat at you." I can tell she was worried. She knew my history with Aiden.

"It's fine really. What were you talking about before?"

I just wanted the topic to be changed. I was done talking about it.

She sighed but let it go. "I was talking about Marks party tonight. I want to go and I need you to come with."

I raised an eyebrow. "Didn't you just learned your lesson?"

She shrugged that off. "I changed. That was the past. Come on, please come with me." She gave me her famous puppy dog eyes knowing that I couldn't refuse.

I groaned. I hate when she did that.

"Fine. But you owe me big time."

The grin on her face said it all.

"You betcha."

~~

I swear I haven't been here for more than an hour and my head was already starting to hurt.

Why is the music so damn loud? Why hasn't the cops been called? I get that Marks a rich person in a fancy neighborhood but don't these people care?

I couldn't even find Emma. I swear one moment she was by my side and then the next she was gone. I've been searching for her for ten minutes straight.

I saw a girl who shared a class with Emma leaning by the far near wall talking to someone.

I decided to go over there and see if she seen her or not.

"Hi! I'm looking for Emma, blue haired girl?!" I said loudly over the music once I was near her.

She looked over at me with a glazed drunken look. "Who are you?"

"Her friend. I'm looking for her?" Why does she need to know who I am? Just tell me where she is.

"I think I seen her out back." She slurred the last of her sentence a bit. I nodded and gave a quick thanks, not sure if she heard me or not and went to the backyard where the main party was being held at.

Walking out onto the patio, I saw teenagers dancing by the pool with cups in their hands and some standing about by the speakers.

I turned to my side and saw Emma. Finally!

Walking towards her, I try to come up with the right words to curse her out with for ditching me.

But my path was stopped short when someone came into my way.

"There you are."

It took me a while to see who it was since it was dark out and the lights around the pool and house were dim.

But guessing from the voice, I knew it was Aiden.

Fuck. I wanted to avoid him.

"What?" Might as well try and get this done and over with quick. It was bound to happen eventually.

"Why are you avoiding me?" I noticed he was wearing a red shirt and black fitted jeans that were wet around the ankles as if he fell over a little while ago onto wet grass.

"I'm not avoiding you." Lie.

"Yes you are. Don't give me that bullshit lie." He sounded kind of angry.

I squared my shoulders and looked him right in the eye. He wasn't drunk thank god. But I was curious. Why does he even care?

"Why do you care?"

That seemed to throw his whole facade off. He wasn't expecting that question. It was evident on his face.

And just like everything else that always gets in the way, Lindsey comes along, cutting off whatever he was about to say.

"Babe! I was looking everywhere for you. There you are." She exclaimed, putting her hand on his chest and then acknowledging my existence with a scowl.

"Oh it's you."

"Nice to see you too." I rolled my eyes and walked off.

"Sarah wait!" I heard Aiden call out but I didn't bother to stop. I went straight towards Emma and what I saw next was not what I was expecting.