Chapter 2

"Are you serious or is this all just a joke? Please tell me, Tamia Bloomfield, that you are joking?!" She yelped in utmost shock.

"No mommy I'm serious, that weekend when you and dad went away for your anniversary I booked a cruise... I did some crazy things, some I can't remember 'cause...-" Stopping mid-sentence Tamia eyed Lorraine skeptically.

"Yes? Because what?"

"I don't know I think I was too intoxicated to remember everything!" Tamia stated dreading her mother's response.

"Oh my god, I can't believe what I'm hearing, this can't be coming from the daughter I raised to be a decent young lady!" She yelped, shaking her head vigorously in disbelief.

She began pacing back and forth around the room while mumbling a few words to herself. Tamia felt a slight feeling of nervousness escaping from within. She dreaded the thought of what her mother might be pondering about.

Being in a situation like this was very much avoidable, Tamia knew she  had no reason to do any of the things she did. Her remorseful demeanor was all she could count on, but sadly, that wasn't enough. 

As she observed her mother's troubled expression, she felt as if her brain was in overdrive. Her mind flashed to her boyfriend Jariel.

 She missed his scent, the way he always smelt of baby powder and roses. It was rather enthralling to Tamia because, in her view, he was rare and delicate instead of rough and manly. She remembered the first time she saw his face, which to her, wasn't that intriguing, but as soon as she heard the sweet words which escaped from his lips she became instantly weak. It was as if his words were the melody of her favorite song, a song she couldn't get enough of. He was heaven sent. 

He knew exactly where to touch her, and what her reaction would be. She remembered the first time they made love, how patient and passionate he was. The reflection caused Tamia to absentmindedly lick her lips.

"How often do you do these things?"  Lorraine voiced.  

"Huh? Do what?" She asked absentmindedly.

"How long have you been wasting our money going on cruises when we aren't around?" She shouted angrily.

"Only a few times, like the times you went away for vacation."

"So," she continued. "The last time we went on our vacation and came back to find fifty thousand dollars unaccounted for on our credit card bill, it was you who spend it right?"

Tamia wished she could say no, but she was afraid of what the consequences might be if she lied yet again. So instead, she gave a slight nod.

"I knew it was you and even though I asked you — on numerous occasions you continued to deny it, telling me that it had to be a mistake on the path of the bank. I am so disappointed in you! You know what, you need to get the hell out of my house and find some place else to live. I can't afford to continue cleaning up your very expensive messes coupled with a child. When you learn how to be decent and responsible you are welcomed to return, but right now you're not welcomed here!!" She yelled then stormed out of my room.

Tamia was dumbfounded. Various unanswered questions began floating around in her mind. The harshness of her mother's tone could not be overlooked. Though the fact that she was upset didn't come as no surprise to, to say she was shocked at Lorraine's behavior would an understatement.

The questions of her promiscuity began meddling with her mind. What if she hasn't met Tyson — Jariel's best friend, would she still be pregnant today?

Tamia knew that in all fairness she couldn't pin all the blame on Tyson, but she couldn't help but wonder. This could be attributed to the fact that Tamia was rather faithful and in love with her boyfriend until she met Tyson.