Back In Time (3)

The following morning, the two awoke and found themselves in a much messier room than before. The attic looked like a lot more stuff had been stuffed into it.

Dan looked at Phil questioningly and Phil sighed. "Let's get this over with." He muttered.

After the two changed clothes, they made their way downstairs into the kitchen and had breakfast. Eventually, Phil made his way downstairs too. This time, Dan wasn't with him.

Younger Phil stared wide-eyed as soon as he opened the door. "W-What the...are y-you some older t-twin brother of m-mine..."

Dan rolled his eyes. "Again with the twins, dude that doesn't make sense."

"You know that diary you got? When you rip out a page it takes you back to that day and you get to live through it, we're from 2015." Phil explained, swirling his spoon around in his cup of tea.

Phil turned to Dan and his eyes widened even more. "H-Him!" He said in fear, pointing at Dan.

Dan took a step back behind Phil who was sitting down taking a sip from his tea. Phil placed the cup in the sink and stood up, stepping towards his younger self.

"It's 2012, right?" Phil said partly to himself. "Hmmm...This is Dan from the future." He explained, gesturing to Dan.

"B-But Dan s-said for m-m-me to stay away! He said he'd never want m-me to see h-him again!" Younger Phil whimpered as tears started to roll down his cheek.

Phil bit his lip. "Look. Let me just tell you this, things end up resolving somehow. Keep your chin up." He smiled, patting the younger one's head.

"Also." Dan muttered. "Call Dan over. Say it's really important."

Younger Phil bit his lip. "I don't know if he'll come..."

"Tell him you need him. Text him though. Don't say anything else then he'll come for sure." Dan said.

Younger Phil sighed deeply and nodded weakly.

~

When younger Dan arrived, he ended up opening the door with his own keys and running upstairs to Phil's room.

Dan and Phil still sat in the kitchen listening quietly.

Younger Phil explained the situation with how Dan and Phil from 3 years later were sitting in their kitchen right now and Dan lost it. He easily put it together and realised if Dan was there too, that meant that even in 2015, Phil still wouldn't be out of his life.

The only reason he came was because he thought Phil would do something stupid again. Otherwise, Dan didn't really want to see him. The more he saw Phil, the harder it was to get over him.

So when Phil makes him come round to his house, where it smells of him and where he has bloodshot eyes be because of him, it's too hard to simply fall into his arms.

But he couldn't. It wasn't right.

His mind wasn't right either.

So the 2012 Dan angrily made his way downstairs as Phil closely followed behind.

He opened the kitchen door and glared at 2015 Phil sitting on his kitchen counter. Phil jumped off to fully face Dan.