>> one <<

Riley POV:
Looking around,  I suddenly think to myself, yeah, this is okay.  I can live like this. 

The apartment is big, plain and undecorated at the moment, but I've only just been given the keys, so boxes are scattered across the place. 

I rub the keys in my hands and squeeze them, before hooking them onto my small, pink bow, key hook near the sink, picking up another box and moving it aside. 

I find a small box by my feet labelled in big black sharpie: Riley's High School Memories and I smile, gently opening up the flaps of the box to uncover its secrets.   On top, is a photo frame of me and my old boyfriend, Daniel when we graduated.  I looked so happy to be in his arms, as he holds me to his chest, smiling widely.  I look into my own eyes and ask myself what I was maybe thinking at that point. 

Me and him broke things off after graduation.  Not because we didn't love each other, just because he was moving to California with his sister Angie, but we still talk and we're still as good friends as ever.  But there are often times when I think of him an miss him a lot.  And I know he still thinks of me, I just know it.

I hold the frame close to me, then cover it back up in bubble wrap for safe keeping, so it doesn't get accidentally cracked before being placed on my bedside table. 

Looking back into the box again, I'm shocked to find a little pink box, covered in glitter and very delicately patterned.  I know what it is of course.  I reach into the box, pulling it out and sighing, opening it to reveal a golden necklace in the shape of a heart with a chin of infinities to wear around my neck.  This was given to me at graduation too.  I remember being given it, when he stood in front of me, looking into my eyes and pulled it out of his pocket, closing it into my hand.  And then Daniel dragged me off to take the photo for the frame. 

Quickly, I unwrap the frame again,  using my nail to uncover a little bit of dust from the corner.  And then I see him, looking glumly in the background wishing it was him taking the picture with me.

James had had a crush on me for years.  But I've never been interested.   I know that I'm supposed to be with Daniel, and I just know that fate will bring us together again. 

Suddenly, as I'm closing the box, I jump half a mile as my phone alerts.  It's from Tess, an old friend from High School, but I haven't been in contact with her since graduation.

Hey!  School reunion tomorrow night! My place!  Everyone is coming! ;)

Typical Tess, is my first thought, she was always throwing house parties and getting everyone drunk, getting peoples girlfriends and boyfriends in trouble from playing spin the bottle.  But if everyone was coming, does that mean Daniel would be there?  I'd do anything to see him again. 

I put my phone on the carpet,  thinking about whether I want to go or not. 

I mean, I'm a grown woman now, I'm 23, it's not like i'm going to act stupid, and anyway, I've nothing or nobody to loose.  I guess it wouldn't hurt to see a few familiar faces again.

Tess I'd love to come!  Can't wait to see you! :)

I've been to Tess' plenty a time, so I'll have no struggle getting there.  I got my drivers licence two years ago so I'll drive there, and not drink at the party.  Perfect. 

In which case, I better get my wardrobe sorted out, or I'll have nothing to wear!