Chapter 17

*****

It was nighttime and Carrie sat on her bed texting Ben.

Ben: I had a blast last night :)

Carrie: Me too ^.^

Ben: I gotta tell you something

Carrie's hands instinctively got sweaty and she could feel her heart thump.

Carrie: Okay go ahead

Ben sent some strange-looking symbols. Carrie thought it was another language, and she didn't know what it said.

Carrie: What does that mean?

"It means NOW YOU DIE!" A dark, demonic called out in Carrie's room.

The lights flashed on and off dramatically. Carrie's door rattled and shook.

She was frightened. Carrie looked all around her is despair. She didn't know what to do;it was like Carrie was paralyzed with fear. She tried to scream, but her voice was lost in the overpowering noise of the door shaking.

Then, still shaking, the door opened ever so slowly, thickening the fear and terror. The lights turned off, only turning on for a short period in intervals. A dark figure entered--almost gliding across the floor.

Carrie jumped back, falling off the bed. Her eyes darted from the door to the disturbing demon.

The demon was a female with long black ropes of hair. She was hunched over, causing her hair to fall over her face and most of her torso. She was clothed in a white dress. The girl was mumbling something, but Carrie was too uneasy to decipher her foreign words.

She looked around for any weapons, but found nothing. Carrie tried to escape towards the door, but a force like two magnets repelling paralyzed her.

Carrie was trapped in a corner, and every time the lights came on for a brief second, the girl got closer to her.

Three feet away.

Two feet.

Now the girl was right in front of Carrie's face.

She gradually lifted her head, revealing her decayed white face. The demon's eyes were replaced with black holes.

Her mouth opened, showing her sharp fanged teeth. The demon screamed and was about to slaughter Carrie when everything went black.

*****

She woke up sweaty and breathless. Carrie sat up instantaneously and looked around her room for any sign of the lifelike demon that had just been in her room--or had it?

Carrie could have sworn the demon was real; it really was all too real: the greasy black hair, the stained white hospital gown, the rotten pale face.

Her heart slowed as she realized it was all a dream. But, how could it have been a dream?

Carrie leaned over to her bedside table and clicked the lamp on. Then she grabbed her phone from the table and checked her messages. There was no indication that Carrie had texted Ben last night.

She got up reluctantly and got ready for her investigation that day. Carrie's head throbbed, nor was she feeling well.

She started to text Ben and Fiona to remind them of the investigation, but Carrie suddenly felt dizzy. She put her hands out in front of her to balance herself, but Carrie fell onto her bed, unconscious.

*****