5: Zabuza Momochi

"You're Momochi Zabuza exiled ninja of the village hidden in the mist." Kakashi said dully taking a step towards the enemy ninja. Naruto drew his own kunai and took a few excited steps forwards, I was about to follow when Kakashi sensei held out his arm stopping us. "Stay back everyone you're in the way." Kakashi began "Why?" Naruto asked "He is on a whole different level than those other guys, if I'm going to beat him i'll need this." he finished his sentence reaching up and lifting his headband away from his left eye.It was at that moment i realized that he must have a dojustu like I had in my right eye. Subconsciously I reached towards my own eye making sure my bangs still covered it.

"I'm guessing your Kakashi of the sharingan eye." Zabuza paused as Sasuke's eyes widened in shock "Im sorry but, your going to have to hand over the old man." "Everyone get in the manji formation and protect the bridge builder. Do not join the battle and do not interfere." Kakashi sensei ordered. I quickly took up my place beside Tazuna kunai at the ready still slightly curious about Kakashi sensei's eye, he wasn't a member of the uchiha clan so how did he have the sharingan. There was a moment of awed silence amongst us genin before Zabuza interrupted "Let's cut the chit-chat. I have to kill that old man now." as soon as he said that the others finally took up position around Tazuna with me. "But it seems that I have to defeat you first Kakashi." Faster than I could track Zabuza pulled the sword from the tree and appeared on the water across from us. I tensed up ignoring Sakura and Naruto's remarks about his speed and how he stood on the water. After a minute or two of tense silence Zabuza uttered but three words "Mist concealment jutsu." As soon as he said it the fog and mist around us thickened making it difficult to see. "He'll target me first." Kakashi began being interrupted by Sakura "Who is he?" I was curious to so i shifted my attention from where Zabuza had been standing to Kakashi sensei. Momochi Zabuza. He was an ANBU from the village hidden in the mist, known for his 'silent killing' technique" Kakashi sensei explained. "Silent?" Naruto questioned "Just as the name implies, it's a killing technique that's executed in a flash and is completely silent. When this technique is used it's possible to be dead before you realize it. Even the sharingan can't fully neutralize it, so don't let your guard down. I mean after all if we fail were only going to die" Kakashi sensei explained much to our discomfort.

I looked at my teammates until my eyes landed upon a nervous Sasuke, he was shaking in what i assumed was fear. "Sasuke don't worry I'll protect all four of you with my life I won't let a teammate die." Kakashi sensei said flashing us a close eyed smile. "I wouldn't be so sure." I turned around to see Zabuza there bringing down his sword on Tazuna, I jumped away sticking as close to Tazuna as I could. Kakashi sensei was where we had just been with a kunai embedded in Zabuza's stomach. Upon closer inspection water not blood was dripping from Zabuza's wound making him a water clone.

"Sensei behind you!" Naruto shouted warning Kakashi of the sword slicing towards his abdomen. I winced as the sword went clean through Kakashi sensei, breathing out a sigh of relief as water replaced torn flesh and bloody cloth. Everything was silent as suddenly the presumably real Kakashi sensei had a kunai pressed against Zabuza's throat rendering him immobile. "This is the end." Kakashi said "Is it?" Zabuza paused before continuing on "You don't understand you can't defeat me with such obvious and weak imitations, I can assure you that." Zabuza laughed "But you are pretty good I'll give you that you copied my water clone technique while giving your little inspirational speech. You diverted my attention to the clone making it speak as the real one, while taking advantage of my earlier jutsu and hiding in the mist. However" suddenly there was another Zabuza behind Kakashi sensei "I'm not that easy to defeat".

The first clone collapsed into a puddle of water, Zabuza swung his sword on Kakashi who ducked and was kicked away dropping caltrops on his way into the river. "Sensei!" Naruto exclaimed worried for Kakashi who a few moments later he resurfaced gasping. "What's with this water, it feels heavy for some reason?" Kakashi sensei pondered aloud. Zabuza appeared behind him on the water rapidly forming hand signs "Hydro prison jutsu." He exclaimed. My eyes widened as suddenly Kakashi sensei was trapped in a huge sphere of water.