1: A new ninja

"As of today you are all ninjas" Iruka sensei began "To get here you faced difficult trials and hardships. But thats nothing what comes next will be far more difficult. As of now you are only genin first level ninjas all the genin will be grouped into squads led by one jounin an elite ninja." he paused letting the information sink in before continuing. " I will now announce the squads. Squad seven Nameki Kaien, Naruto Uzumaki, Sakura Haruno, and lastly Sasuke Uchiha." There was mixed reaction as i began only half listening to Iruka sensei speak. I had hoped to be on a team with Hinata-san but now i would be with Sakura-san Uchiha-san and Uzumaki-san. It would be difficult to be on a team with all of them judging by the reactions they had to the announcement of our team.

Naruto slammed his hands down on the desk down the row from me jolting me out of my thoughts " Iruka sensei why does a great ninja like me have to be with a slug like Sasuke?" he shouted. " Sasuke had the best scores in the class, we paired the best students with the worst students to create a balanced team." Iruka sensei responded. I lifted my thumb to my mouth and began chewing on the nail there. I supposed it made sense then that i was on the team now that i knew Sasuke was the best it the class it made sense for sakura and i to be paired together, she was great with knowledge and i was ranked near kiba with taijutsu of course there was no way to know how this would translate to our field work.

------------------------

It was hours later and i was still thinking of the positives and negatives of my team assignment sitting in the same classroom. "Hes late." Naruto grumbled and i sighed realizing how right he was. "Naruto just sit down!" Sakura was quick to scold him. "I dont want to how come our sensei was the only one thats late I'm ready to roll believe it!" he turned around before continuing to complain " The other groups all met there sensei and took off on some adventure of something, even Iruka sensei is gone." "We know okay" sakura replied stopping to glance up at the noise Naruto was making by pushing his desk against the door of the classroom.

"Hey what are you doing?" Sakura questioned, Naruto stuck an eraser on the doorframe and chuckled before replying. "Thats what he gets for coming late, Surprise!" He exclaimed jumping down from the desk. "Your asking for trouble" Sakura scolded "Our teachers a jounin an elite ninja do you think he'd really fall for that?" Sasuke questioned cooly. "Yeah Sasuke's right you so clueless Naruto." Sakura shouted quick as ever to agree with the uchiha.

Just as she finished speaking someone opened the door only to have the eraser fall onto their head just as Naruto had hoped. Sakura and I paled as Naruto began to shout in glee "I got him he totally fell for it!" "I-I'm sorry sensei i tried to stop him but he wouldn't listen I'd never do anything like that!" I could barely hear the man sigh amidst the shouting. "Hmm how do I put this my first impression of this group is your a bunch of idiots." the sensei said cooly. I gulped looking down at my intertwined fingers. "Lets go to the roof." he said and slowly we all began to follow him there.We arrived at the roof and everyone sat down The sensei on the railings and us genin on the steps. "Alright why don't you introduce yourselves one at a time?" he asked. "Uh introduce ourselves what are we supposed to say?" Questioned Sakura "Thing you like things you hate dreams for the future hobbies stuff like that" he explained shrugging. "Why dont you go first so we get the idea." Naruto prompted. "Me I'm Kakashi Hatake, things i like and things i hate. I don't feel like telling you that, My dreams for the future never really thought about that. As for hobbies i have lots of hobbies." he stated dully. "All we really learned was his name." I agreed with Sakuras statement, but at least we knew his name now.

I half listened to the others introductions already knowing the gist of them. I was more nervous for what to say when i was called on, I was dreadfully shy and rarely spoke. This was a disaster waiting to happen. I was brought out of my thoughts by Sasuke finishing his introduction and everyone reacting to his last statement. "Alright last one." Kakashi sensei said motioning to me. I peered up at him through my bangs for a moment before Naruto spoke up in my place. "Um Kakashi sensei Naki doesnt really ta-" I cut of his statement to correct him. "Nameki my name is Nameki." everyone was silent and i waited a good five minutes before i continued looking down at the ground instead of the people i was talking to.

"I like to do o-oragami and spar sometimes with Hinata-san, I don't think that I-I really hate anything. My hobbies are to do oragami and spar. I dont really have a dream for the future at the m-moment." I was embarrassed that i stuttered but at least i had gotten the point across. "Good your all unique and have your own opinions, tommorow we will do our first mission as a team." Kakashi sensei stated. "What kind of mission is it going to be?" Naruto asked I looked up again at his question, I was also very curious. "Its a task the five of us will do together." he was again inturupted by a bouny Naruto "What, what, what, what." he chanted. "A survival excersise" he said "What? I thought we were doing a real mission not more practice we did that in the academy." Sakura said. "This is not like your previous training. " he stated simply.

Now i was really curious, it seemed Naruto was too as he asked yet another question "So uh what kind of training is it then?" his voice was tentative. Kakashi sensei started to chuckle causing me to shudder at the sound. "Well I'll tell you but you won't like it. Only nine or ten of you will actually become genin the rest will be weeded out and sent back to the academy. In other words you pass or fail." He explained. "Thats not right we worked hard to get here beleive it!" Naruto shouted in protest. Kakashi sensei shrugged " Thats how it is bring your ninja gear to the designated spot at five in the morning. Oh and one more thing dont eat breakfast or else you'll puke."

With that last statement Kakashi sensei made a few handsigns and dissapeared in a cloud of smoke.