2: The bell test

I had slept restlessly in my worry about the test, and was somewhat worried that my slight drowsiness would affect my performance. Locking the door to my shared apartment behind me I left carefully as not to disturb my aunt and grandfather. I began walking slowly having woken up early enough to walk at a leisurely pace. I was nervous about how the test would go, would I do well, would we pass, what was the test about. These thoughts spun through my mind as I walked toward the meeting point.

When I arrived Sasuke and Sakura were already there but Naruto was nowhere to be seen as of yet. I nodded my greetings to the sleepy Sakura and alert Sasuke making way towards my own chosen spot near a group of stumps. I sat on the ground and began to readjust my ponytail, I had skipped the normal hairstyle this morning in favor of a few more minutes of sleep. A yawn escaped me as I put my hands back down and tucked my knees to my chest resting my chin on them and leaning my back against the post in the ground preparing to wait. It was a few minutes later before Naruto showed up dragging his feet behind him eyes half closed. "Good morning Uzumaki-san." I called out softly as he passed me, he stopped and smiled sleepily at me and I returned the smile before he continued on to sit near sakura.

-------------------------------------------------

Hours later Kakashi sensei finally arrived chipper as could be "Morning everyone ready for your first day?" He questioned. "You're late!" Sakura and Naruto scolded our sensei simultaneously causing me to slightly flinch at the volume of there shout. I stood and dusted off my shorts before he spoke again "A black cat crossed my path so i had to take the long way," He explained nonchalantly. "Well," he cleared his throat softly "let's get started shall we?" he walked over towards me and i moved out of the way towards the others as he set an alarm clock on one of the posts. "Here we go it's set for noon." he said staring the clock. He then took three bells out of his pocket causing them to clink together "Your assignment is simple you just have to take these bells from me." he said smiling, "Thats all there is to it if you can't get one by noon you get no lunch. You'll be tied to the posts and ill eat my lunch in front of you."

"Wait a minute there's four of us how come you there are only three bells?" Sakura questioned. Kakashi sensei gave us a close eyed smile before he explained " Well that way at least one of you will end up tied to a post, and be ultimately disqualified for failing to complete the mission. That person will go back to the academy, then again all four of you could flunk out too. You can use any weapons including shuriken. If you don't come at me with the intent to kill you wont be able to get the bells."

"Those weapons are too dangerous sensei." Sakura protested. "Yeah especially since you couldn't even dodge that eraser." Naruto chuckled. " Class clowns are usually the weakest link, lowest score equals loser." Kakashi sensei replied flippantly "When i say start you can begin," he continued in a more serious tone. I tensed my muscles preparing to run, now that i knew what the test was i was slightly less nervous about the outcome. Even if he was a jounin i was almost confident that if i really wanted to i could get a bell from Kakashi sensei. "Get ready and start!"

I dashed towards the treeline jumping at the last second grabbing a branch and swinging into a tree near Kakashi sensei that had enough foilage to mostly conceal me from view but still let me see and hear what was happening. Kakashi sensei was still in the clearing, facing to my surprise Naruto. He was being an idiot i thought we had barely started and he was already foolishly facing off head to head without any planning or observation. "You and me right now fair and square!" Naruto shouted, deciding to observe and plan i stayed to watch the fight. Kakashi sensei cocked his head to the side as if confused " You know compared to the others you're a little bit weird." he stated. "Oh yeah the only thing weird thing here is your haircut!" Naruto exclaimed charging at Kakashi.