Chapter 3 - What a Small World

*A/N* The italicized words are a dream. Don't skip over it.
Also, the next chapter will be up tomorrow at 9pm eastern time. Enjoy! :-)
________________

I went home that night, not sure how to feel. I had kissed Vince. I had put myself out there and I had gotten rejected. I was laying in bed, thinking everything over. The way it felt when he wrapped his arms around me. The way it felt when he kissed me. I've never felt anything like that before. I've never had someone look at me the way Vince does. And I've also never felt like this for anyone and in return get shot down. But I couldn't say I didn't understand. I had accused Vince if something horrible. When he saved me that night, and he spent all that time waiting for me to wake up, I repayed him horribly.

I sighed. I understood how he felt. I want nothing more than for him to forgive me. I wanted nothing more than to be the only one he thought of at night. Now I pictured him holding Allison. I pictured him telling her the things that he told me. I pictured him putting his lips against hers. I pictured his hands, the same hands that held me, the same hands that explored the bruises I once had, the same hands that fit perfectly with mine, touching her. And I couldn't help but despise her. Because as she holds him at night, as he wraps his arms around her, she has in her arms everything I've ever wanted. She has everything I've ever needed.

As much as I wanted to be mad at Allison, there wasn't much reason to be. She hadn't been around to see what Vince and I had become. She left before we even knew what we were to each other. She left while I still was trapped in John's insanity. I shook my head, trying to clear my thoughts. Turning over, I shut my eyes, allowing myself to drift off.

I watched as the door opened slowly and then all at once. Vince came charging into the bedroom, rushing by my side. "Avril!" He cried. I tried my hardest to scream but the duct tape was muffling my voice. Vince looked me in the eyes and suddenly his eyes changed emotions. I cried louder, feeling myself grow tired. "I didn't murder him Avril." I wrinkled my eyebrows, a tear sliding down my face. Why wasn't he helping me? "I DIDN'T MURDER HIM!" He screamed. I felt my eyelids begin to drop and right before they shut, I saw Vince stand up from the bed, turning towards the door. Leaving me there to die.

I jolted up from bed the next morning, my heart pounding. I kept having this dream. It was back to the day where John was holding me hostage. It was back to the day where Vince showed up to save me. But in the dream, instead of him actually doing so, he left me there. He left me there to die.

I shook my head, wiping my hands over my eyes to try and get that image out of my mind. It didn't happen that way Avril. Vince saved me. Pushing the dream away, I got up out of bed and made my way to the bathroom to handle my morning hygiene. After finishing up, I picked out a short summer dress to wear and my sandals. I straightened my short hair after getting dressed and made way downstairs. I didn't have to work today and as I made my breakfast, I thought about what I wanted to do today.

I decided that I would just go for a walk today. It was nice out and I could use a breath of fresh air. After finishing up my breakfast, I grabbed my cell phone and put it in the pocket of my dress and left the house. I hadn't been out walking for the longest and I somewhat missed it. Walking around places took my mind off things. Just being out and being active without the use of my car made me feel happy for some unknown reason.

While walking around the neighborhood, I decided on going to the public market. I could use some fresh fruits and what not. It took me around ten minutes to walk there and it wasn't as full as I thought it would be. I made my way towards this woman that was selling apples and while walking, I bumped into someone. He had dropped his phone. I looked at the man, apologizing as I went to pick up his phone for him. But as I looked at the screen, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Vince was on the screen, talking as a bunch of comments kept moving upwards. I handed the guy back his phone, and wrinkled my eyebrows.

"Hey, I don't mean to pry but what is that you're watching?" I asked him. The guy was relatively short but he was taller than me of course. He looked a tad bit muscular and he had the same tan skin that Vince had. The man looked a little older but he didn't look that old. "Its my son." He said. "He broadcasts on this site YouNow." He told me. I nodded. "Its all live?" I asked. He nodded. "Yeah, its similar to YouTube but all of it is live and the broadcaster can actually interact with the people watching them." I nodded, finding that kind of cool. It sounded just like Vince. To do something, but to do it so he could interact. Be there for the people. "Would I need to make an account on that site or something? Pay money?" I asked. The man smiled and shook his head. "Its free. Whenever you make the account, search for my son. He goes by the name THATBOYVINCE." I nodded. "I definitely will be doing that." I said. I went to turn around but the man tapped me on the shoulder before I could.

"What's your name?" He asked me. I smiled. "I'm Avril." I said. I saw a look of confusion pass over his face and then a look of realization. "Avril?" He said. His voice sounded as if he had heard about me. Deciding I didn't want to get into an awkward conversation with this man that I had just discovered was Vince's father, I smiled. "It was nice meeting you." I said, turning on my heels and walking away before he could even say another word.