Chapter Twelve

Someone told me they check my page everyday just to see if I updated. Bless you, beautiful stranger. :)))) I'm so sorry about the whole not updating thing. I had a horrid case of writer's block and I have a whole bunch of summer work that I am currently ignoring so I can write this chapter. It sucks, but hopefully it can tide you over? I'm seeing Justin in 8 days! :D (I ALSO NEED SOME IDEAS FOR NAMES OF A BOY CHARACTER THAT WILL BE COMING INTO PLAY!)

--

Louis spent a good two hours in the shower. He's pretty sure that earned him a spot in the Guiness World Record Book. Shit, his skin's all pruny and red. Maybe a steam-filled shower wasn't the best idea after all.

But it did give him time to reflect, so maybe that makes up for the pain. Yeah...or not.

Stepping onto the moist marble tile, Louis nearly slipped as he reached for a towel. Why the hell did Liam pick marble? Slippery marble for a damn bathroom?

Louis cacoons himself in a white towel, padding off back to his bedroom to decide what to wear on his "date". He scoffs. A bloody date like a damn teenager.

Truth is, if Harry and he didn't work out, he'd have to start dating again. He'd have to start all over in life and re-wire himself. He'd been so dependent on Harry this whole time, and would he really be able to simply leave?

He sighs, pulling open the wooden doors of his wardrobe and shuffling through the various button-ups and jumpers. He settles for a pair of black skinnies and a short-sleeved white button-up with a gray cardigan on top. He hoped he didn't look too dressy...or desperate.

"Lou!" Liam calls from the other side of the bedroom door. "Can I come in?"

"I'm naked, but it's open!" Louis chuckles.

"Bloody hell," Liam murmurs, walking in with a hand slapped protectively over his eyes. "Have some damn decency for once, would you?"

"Nope, I'm good," The feather-haired lad declares as he pulls on his underwear. "Alright, it's safe to look. Your innocence will be spared another day."

"Glorious," Liam snorts, peeking between his fingers pre-cautiously. "What're you getting so dressed up for?"

Louis turns from the mirror, buttoning his shirt as he turns to his friend. "You think this is too dressy?"

"Depends what for."

The older man nods, turning back to the mirror. "A date."

"With that bloke from the club?" The brown-eyed boy smiles. "That'll be fun!"

"Uh, no, not him," Louis titters, hoping his voice will steady out for his fib. "Just someone I saw last night." Well, at least it wasn't a complete lie.

"Name?" Liam asks seriously. "And number? Address?"

"For God's sake, Lou, what if he tries to kidnap you and I have to tell the police that I have no clue as to where you would've gone because I didn't even know who you were out with?" The burly lad said upon seeing the creeped-out look he was receiving from his best mate.

"Then my ghost will haunt you for the rest of your holy life," Louis answers, rolling his eyes as he adjusts his jumper.

"My life isn't holy!" Liam gasps. "Why just the other day Zayn and I were going at it like two jack rabbits and-"

Louis slaps his palm over the taller man's mouth. "Oh my god, you seriously need to stop talking like right now, please. Oh my god, oh my god, I need to throw up!"

"Drama queen."

"You love it."

"Said no one ever "