Chapter 4: nobody puts baby in the corner

Chapter 4

Nobody puts baby in the corner

I woke up before the alarm, feeling absolutely fresh. I got up with a big smile on my face. It has been two days since that first kiss and he had been constant with his messages, and random calls. I remembered dreading the trip home, mostly because I didn't want the night to end. As the sun slowly made its way into the horizon, Liam gave me a chaste kiss on the lips in the front door.

"Best date I've ever been on, hands down" he smiled, tucking a stray curl that had escaped back behind my ears.

I touched his face, tracing every line, memorising every detail. "I had an amazing time too. So thank you" I said, smiling, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

I opened the door and stayed behind it until I heard his car drive away. Still smiling I looked around and realised that Noah hadn't come home yet. Smiling, I took the message I left him and tore it to pieces.

Like it never happened. I thought, smiling to myself.

I ran upstairs and quickly took a shower and brushed my teeth. Just as I was stepping out, I heard the front door open.

"I'm home!" Noah said. I peeked over the stairs and smiled at him. He looked tired, and I could see the tell tale dark circles around his eyes. I felt guilty for lying to him, but I wouldn't have changed that first date for the world.

"You work too hard" I said sheepishly.

"What did you do yesterday?" He asked, smiling up at me.

"Oh, nothing much, just played with my guitar and watched some telly" and with that I went back inside the room, still feeling the guilt that came with lying to him.

The sound of my phone ringing cut me away from my thoughts.

Yes, Noah ended up buying me a new phone. It was meant to be my welcome to London present. I think he spoils me way too much. He said the exact same thing about my Fellini boots.

I looked at the caller ID and smiled when I saw Liam's face with Bob the lobster on the screen.

"Hey" I said brightly, flopping down to my bed.

"I got some sausage rolls, pop corn and chocolates. Movie date?" He said rushing. I could hear the jingle of his car keys as he clicked the open button for his car.

"Yup, come on over"

"Already on my way" he said cheekily.

"Alright then" I said laughing.

I got out of the bed and ran downstairs and frowned. Noah wasn't home. I went to the kitchen and found a sticky note on the fridge.

'Hey MJ, I'll be gone till tomorrow. The fridge is stocked, help yourself to anything. And I also left some money for you. I hope it's enough. Go out and have fun! Oh I'm using the company car, so you can use the Volkswagen in the garage, I left the key for you.'

I looked to the kitchen table and saw the 200 bucks on the table, and right next to it was Noah's car keys.

Note to self, weasel job title out of weirdly rich brother. I just shook my head and opened the fridge. I grabbed the orange juice and poured myself a glass and waited for Liam to come.

Soon enough he was ringing the door bell, and I was running for the front door. I smiled when I saw his shadow on the side of the door.

"Hey!" I said cheerfully, giving him a hug and a kiss.

I looked down and found that he was carrying two bags full of food.

I laughed at that.

"What are you trying to do? Feed a whole army?" I joked, laughing while I ushered him inside.