Chapter 6: Up Close

Previously on One Night

"Tessie!" I yelled near her ear, since the band had started the next song. "Look what I got!" I waved the passes in her face. I look of confusion came over her features. "They're backstage passes to meet the band after the show!" I explained. Her confused look turned into one of surprise and then excitement.

  Tessie's POV

Maybe I would have a chance with Riker after all.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riker's POV

Yes! I mentally fist pumped. I did it! I have a chance! I continued to play, but I was still thinking about Tessie. I sang every word of all the songs directly to her. I was so excited for the show to end, I totally forgot the last two songs in the set. Rocky had to remind me of what they were. But when the set ended, and we had finished the encore (A/N that's what it's called right?) I bolted to the bathroom so that i could freshen up. I mean hey, I don't want to be sweaty when I meet this girl for real. Then I went back into the green room while i waited for the rest of the band to come back.

Tessie's POV

For the rest of the concert I was so excited for it to be over. While I watched Riker perform I pretended that he was looking at me the whole time instead of looking at Emily. During the lady two songs Riker seemed to be a little jumpy and on edge. I didn't care though, because it was almost time me to meet him. I heard from Emily that he was only a year older than us. And even if I couldn't get with Riker, which wouldn't be happening, it'd still be cool to meet him and fantasize about it later.

Emily and I pushed our way out of the theater and towards where Riker had told us to go. "He said to go to the end of the hall on the North side of the auditorium." Emily said, handing me my pass. I took a look at it.

LET BACKSTAGE

was all it said with Riker's signature. I stroked it gently with my thumb knowing that he had touch this slip of paper. I sighed. I was definitely obsessed.

"C'mon," Emily said, dragging us towards the empty hallway and away from the crowds. Sure enough, a security guard sat at the end of the hallway. She looked at us tiredly, we were just another pair of screaming girls.

"Bathrooms are in the next hallway over, " she huffed.

"Oh no we don't need to go to the bathroom, we've got backstage passes," Emily said.

"Really," she said skeptically, raising one eyebrow. Then she took a look at our passes, "Alright fine, you can go, chances are they're in the green room" she gave us directions and then went back to her stool.

"Well someone was sure grumpy," Emily commented. I didn't reply, I was too full of nervous excitement (A/N is that called anxiety? just wondering) to say anything.

Finally we got to the door that the woman had pointed out to us. "Alright," Emily said, "on the count of three we knock together. Okay?" I nodded. "Okay, one... two... three!"

We knocked. Almost immediately it swung open, revealing a very tall, very blond, Riker Lynch.

"Hello!" he said, gesturing inside, "come in, come in!" I noticed that Riker seemed to be looking at me a lot more than he was looking at Emily. My heart beat a little bit faster. We walked into the room. All the band members waved. I could tell by Emilys facial expression that she was doing all she could not to fangirl. Rocky was on the couch absentmindedly strumming an acoustic guitar. Ross was leaning against the wall doing what I think was texting on his phone. And Rydel and Ellington and/ or Ratliff were play fighting on the couch.