The Suicide Outbreak: Round Two

Peace within you, everyone wants that. Living in a better world is all we ever wanted. But what if something suddenly shifted inside you, and what if your perception changed for the bad?

I am alone...

Nobody wants me...

They hate me...

I'm a disgrace...

I failed again...

I hate my life...

I want to die...

You were having these thoughts. You were having these certain tendencies. Your life changed all of the sudden. Emptiness gripped your heart, confusing the hell out of you. You don't know what was happening, but it was affecting you, mentally, emotionally, socially...

Then, you heard the news. People started killing themselves, and just by seeing the number of people that have already taken their own lives, you also felt the need to grab the razor atop the cabinet and just do it, too. Cut that vein. End the struggle. End the life that you began to think as useless, meaningless. You lost your direction in life. You lost inspiration. You thought no one could be able to save you. You became an empty shell of your former self.

Finally, it was revealed that an unidentified fungal specie has been infecting people, turning lives into complete nothingness and meddling with minds; urging everyone that was infected to commit suicide. It was even unknown how it infects humans-it's a mystery scientists couldn't even solve.

An enemy of mysterious identity that controls your thoughts, perception and emotions is deadly. Only an equally deadly cure could stop the effects of this mysterious fungus: your cure. Can you defeat it before it's too late? Or will you let it take over your mind? Will you succumb to it? Will you let it influence you to take your own life? Will you be branded as a coward? Or will you fight it for the uncertain life that you have now? You decide.

The Genres
Action is the main genre of this competition and this round, our new subgenre is INSPIRATIONAL. It's time to put some action in your life, subjects! Battle the emptiness! Defeat the infection! Write your fight!

The Themes
The fungus targets your brain and perception. It destroys your FAITH in life. You lose your will to live. You lose your HOPE to continue breathing. You lost your sense of what is RIGHT or wrong. The only thing you want is to end your life.

These three things that the fungus robbed you of will be the themes for each team that you will be assigned to. FAITH. HOPE. RIGHTEOUSNESS. Combat the fungus with your positivity!

TEAMS AND GUIDES
A team will not be functional without someone that leads and guides it, because of that, a member of Team Baliw will be assigned to each teams as "Guides" each round. They will help you in your cures.

They CAN: 1. help you proofread your finished entries; and, 2.give you an honest advice and suggestions on how to improve your entries.

But, they CANNOT: 1. help you think of or give you a plot or concept; 2. demand you to change anything from your entry.

It is up to you if you will follow the guide's suggestions or advices, but your entries should already be finished and on the stage of proofreading, before you let your guides read it. Every decision should be based on your own will.

Your guides will just be "guides", they won't be your assistant or personal editor. They will direct you to the right path of creating your cures, but they will not spoonfeed you. You can treat them as your friends, but remember that they are still your guides.

The theme that is assigned to each team will be its name. They are:

TEAM RIGHTEOUSNESS: blackrainbow26 (Guide)

1. EclipticStar
2. GreatPretender04
3. CheaterCatcher
4. Jhavril
5. BarangayTanod
6. Maimaying
7. TECHKILLA
8. MoonlightMaester

TEAM FAITH: illusion_ist (Guide)

1. RHMDLeon
2. Alexandrea29
3. CallMeBoss
4. Jurisan
5. yourpapergirl
6. JLorenzWP
7. darknoble23
8. Youniqueen

TEAM HOPE: Chichi_Louise (Guide)

1. deeeym
2. yumi_aya
3. JustPlainlyMe
4. Kyrian18
5. ClareFontana
6. emgeeZERONYN
7. iammeakira20
8. Sektha

After this mechanics is posted, your guides will add you to your team's group chat in facebook. You can interact with your teammates and Guide there.

ELEMENTS
This round, you will be given again two (2) elements that you need to use creatively in your entry. Once you are added to your team's group chat, you need to go to your respective Guides because they have your assigned elements. Your elements should be in BOLD letters to easily identify them. Again, use them creatively.

Rules and Mechanics:
Obviously, you must be one of the Top 8 survivors from each of the last round's teams to participate. So, here are the things you need to do and remember.

Procedure in creating the cure:

1. Write a One Shot Story within the range of 2000-2500 word limit following the Microsoft Office Word count.

Note: For this round, an excess word will be equivalent to a one (1) point deduction from your final score. Title is excluded from the final word count.

2. Genre should be ACTION-INSPIRATIONAL.

3. It must be WRITTEN FORMALLY, FRESH, NEW and NOT POSTED, BASED ON or COPIED from any sites/ books/ magazines.

4. File format should be .doc or .docx.

5. Language use should be in Tagalog/Taglish/English.

6. Remember to proofread for a perfect cure.

7. Name the file with: TeamName-Username

The Formula:
Content (Plot, concept, genres) - 30%
Creativity (Execution) - 20%
Relevance to the Theme - 20%
Requirements (Elements) - 15%
Technicalities - 10%
Impact - 5%
----------------------
100%

Salvation points:
1. Take note of our email add: tkseriouslyinsane@gmail.com

• Input in the subject area of your email: TeamName/Title by Username

2. Take note of these dates:
• September 4, 2015, 12:01 am - Start of Submission

• September 10, 2015, 11:59 pm - End of Submission

• September 11, 2015 - Posting of Entries

WARNING:
• No multiple entries.

• No multiple accounts.

• No collaboration.

• No plagiarizing.

• No changing of username.

• No replying to comments or commenting on your own entry. Be anonymous. Don't tell others which is your entry.

Any violation of any of the above-mentioned rules will result to DISQUALIFICATION.

Six (6) infected subjects from each teams will be cleared from the outbreak and will advance to the next outbreak, next round.

This round is deadly for your mind, so, hurry! You only have more than one week to submit the cure! Will you survive? Or will you die?

Goodluck!

-Team Baliw

08/31/15