Chapter 02|| "That penny-pinching boy just pushed me into a bush!"

Chapter Two: "That penny-pinching boy just pushed me into a bush!"

"All good things are wild and free."

**************************************************************

Stiles and I slammed the McCall's door open.

"What the hell did you mean by 'I bit Liam'?" Stiles exclaimed as Scott ran down the stairs.

"By 'I bit Liam', I meant to say that I bit Liam."

"Where is he?" I queried.

"Uh, upstairs."

Stiles made a face, "Doing what?"

"Um, lying down."

"O-kay?" Stiles ran his fingers through his hair, "Aida, stay here and talk to Wren. We'll handle your situation later, I promise."

Then, Tweedle-Dee and Tweedle-Dum hustled up the stairs and I awkwardly sat down next to my best friend.

"I'm sorry," We both said simultaneously, then we laughed uncomfortably.

"You can go first." Wren expressed.

I breathed in deeply, "I know that none of you said a thing about all of these werewolf things to protect me. But just because I'm nice or obsessed with animals or don't say curse words, doesn't mean I can't take care of myself, Wren."

"I know, but-"

"Not done." I informed her while raising my hand, signaling for her to stop, "By not telling me, you just put me in more danger."

"What do you mean?"

"Someone tried to kill me yesterday night, Wren." I responded, "Someone broke into my house and tried to kill me. It was a professional assassin, by the way. I looked him up; apparently he's known as 'The Mute'. He said he wanted to kill me because I'm supposedly I'm worth a lot of money. Maybe, if I would've known, things would have turned out differently."

"Wait, go back, The Mute?"

"Yeah." I nodded.

"He's the guy who murdered Sean Walcott and his entire family for being...holy shit!" My best friend bellowed.

"What?" I quizzed as I grabbed my best friend's hand. "For being what?"

"Wendigoes." She murmured, "Supernatural human cannibals."

"Jesus Christ," I sighed, "I-I don't even know what to think about a mouthless assassin murdering an entire family of cannibals."

"Dude, do you know what this means?"

"No?"

"Aida! You're a supernatural!"

"I-I know." I stuttered. "At least I think I know. The Mute called me a Nymph. A-And I've done a lot of research and apparently I can control nature and become a part of nature and basically I-I was chosen by Mother Nature to give out her message or something."

"I can't believe that you've been a supernatural all of this time and I didn't know!"

"You can't believe it?" I demanded incredulously, "Imagine how I feel!"

"Oh my God, we-we have to tell Scott-"

All of a sudden, Liam came dashing down the stairs. He then halted, turned to look at us, and ran out the door.

"Hey!" I exclaimed following him, "Stop!"

"Aida, wait!" I heard Wren call after me, but I brushed her off. At that moment, I didn't know why I felt the urgent need to stop Liam from running off. Honestly, I still don't know why, but I did it.