Chapter 11

A/N: ....And I'm back. Here is the next instalment of Summer Love. Enjoy. I'll keep it short and sweet; I will be updating, but it takes time. This chapter is just a filler, but enjoy nonetheless.

Chapter 11

As the meeting drowned on, Samantha could not tear her eyes off the man that she left four years ago.

The man that was always on her mind

The man that always haunted her dreams

The man that she thought she trusted.

Yeah, trust is a strong word. Samantha thought as she tried to pay attention to her father ramble off about expanding the company across the sea. You broke that trust when you fed from that innocent girl….

It was not until her father specifically mentioned Aldo that she finally took in her surroundings.

“Everyone is dismissed,” As Samantha tried to leave the conference room as quickly and as inconspicuously as she could, her father addressed her. “Samantha, Aldo, please stay behind, I’d like to have a word with the two of you

Now Aldo, as our newest partner of Tanner Law Firm, I’d like to make your stay in the states as welcome as ever. That is why; I’d like for you,” Mr. Tanners was addressing his daughter now, “to assist Aldo here.”

Clearing her throat, she said the following. “Um, father, what exactly does that entitle; Not that I would mind assisting Aldo, but why me? I mean, I’m barely starting law school and…”

“Exactly. Aldo is a very distinguished attorney in Italy, and I found it a great opportunity for you to have someone as Aldo to help you prosper in law school. Isn’t that right Aldo?”

“Of course Sir, your father and myself were speaking earlier about assisting his daughter when it comes to Law, and I’m more then glad to assist you Samantha.”

“You know that I want what’s best for my little girl.” Mr. Tanner said, kissing Samantha on her forehead, as he made his way towards the door. “You’ll be Aldo’s assistant while interning here.”

Looking at his watch, he uttered, “Hey I got to run, and I have a meeting at three, why don’t you two get acquainted.” Shaking Aldo’s hand, the two lovers were left alone.

.

.

.

It felt like time had stilled, it was not until Aldo spoke, that the silence was broken.

Slowly and cautiously as trying not to scare her away, he took a tentative step forward.

Samantha seemed calm on the outside, but in the inside it was another story.

Why is he here?

I… I thought I would never see him again, but why do I feel like he’s never been gone?

Aldo, I missed you so, why did you have to be a monster….

I love you….

But I hate you at the same time.

“Il mio amore,” Aldo whispered as he tentatively stroked Samantha’s check with his hand. “How much I’ve missed the; how I longed to be with my love.” Samantha melted in his embrace, feeling the love radiant off of Aldo.

“Aldo…” She sighed as she let her feelings for her Aldo consume her.