1. He just changes

Chapter 1. Liam

I was excited about getting a brother. My mum told me he's the same age as me! I still don't know who he is but i'm excited!! I cleared a side of my room for him and i'm just waiting for him to come. What if he doesn't like me? What if he's shy? I can help him out of his little shell! Aha. "LIAM" My mum yelled from downstairs. I ran down the steps, "Yes?" "Can you help me with this" my mum laughed and pointed at all the bags of food. I nodded and grabbed a couple of bags. "Just set them on the table." "When will they be here?" "Soon Liam" my mum laughed. I sat the bags on the table and sat on the table. "Can Niall or Harry come over" I poked my mum till she turned around. "Fine" My mum sighed and rolled her eyes at me. "YAY" I yelled and jumped off the table. "Your acting like a 5 year old Li" my mum laughed as I ran up the steps to grab my phone. I texted Harry and Niall to come over as fast as they can. I was bored and need something to do before my brother gets here. I really wanna meet him but does he really wanna meet me? I really doubt it. I mean what if he hates me?! He's gonna hate me, I can feel it already. Or what if I hate him? I just feel that we won't go well together. What if he's always quiet and never talks to me? What if he's emo... I can't life with a emo.. They really scare me. I don't know why though. What if he's a Justin Bieber fan? Then I can see he's awesome. What if he hates Justin Bieber? What if he's gay...? WHAT IF HE HATES MY MUM?! I would go crazy on him.. What if he's mean to my mum and tries to hurt her..? Too many questions. WHAT IF HE'S ACTUALLY A GIRL AND I GOT LIED TO?! Oh. My. Oz. That would be odd.. And I would have to share a room with a girl. No. Way. What if he/she doesn't like video games!? What in the world would we do then? I don't think my mum or Mark, her boyfriend, would lie to me about Mark having a son. I mean that would be odd right? Totally right.. Too many what if's... I heard a car pull up in the driveway. Mark, Niall or Harry... Right now please be Niall.. I need to ask him something. I need someone to talk to and I can't talk about my new brother if he's around.. Please god, let it be Niall! Or at least Harry cause then i'd still be fine.. "Liam! They're here" my mum yelled. They as in Niall and Harry?.. I slowly walked down the stairs and saw a guy with tattoos all up his arms. Dark black hair in a quiff. Two big black earrings. I saw he had this big chest tattoo.. He had ripped black shoes and pants on with a white top that read 'Cool kids don't dance.' Is this my brother..? "Liam, this is Zayn. Zayn, this is Liam. Your brother" Mark smiled. The words kept going in my head. 'This is your brother.' My brother is bad boy! He's a guy who likes to hurt people.. Or maybe he has a good side and just dresses like this. "Liam how about you show Zayn to your room?" I looked at my mum and she nodded. I shuffled up the steps and I heard Zayn behind me. I walked in my room and he looked around. As Zayn looked around I tried to walk away. Zayn grabbed my arm. "Where you going?" My heart stopped beating and I looked up at him. I choked on air. "Uh I was gonna go downstairs" I said in a whisper. "Stay with me" Zayn pulled me back into the room. I slowly sat on my bed. I don't know why i'm so scared.. I just see him and he's like that. He looked at me and bit his lip. "I'm different than what you think Liam" Zayn said still staring at me. "Hey Liam" I heard Niall yell as he ran up the stairs. Zayn shot his eyes at the door where Niall was standing. "Who's this?" "It's Zayn. My brother" I smiled at Niall. "Yeah and do you mind, I was unpacking" Zayn threw his bag on the bed. "Want me to help?" "No, you can leave." "This is my room too" I stood up. "And if you don't wanna go through that wall then you should leave" Zayn growled. I grabbed Niall's hand and ran down stairs. I heard Zayn slam the door as I ran down stairs. "The fuck" Niall looked at me. "I don't know" I looked back up at my room with the door still closed.. He said he was different. That was a lie. But I don't know. "Where's Harry" Niall asked as we walked to the living room. "I don't-." I got cut off by my mum. "Where's Zayn?" "In 'his' room" I sighed. "He promised he wouldn't do this" Mark sighed and walked up the stairs. I just rolled my eyes and entwined my hand with Niall's. Niall smiled. I feel save with Niall. Like everything that just happened never actually happened. "YOU BROUGHT ME HERE DAD! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT ME TO DO" I heard Zayn yell. I saw Zayn run down the steps and out the door. I let go of Niall's hand and ran after Zayn. He was standing in the front of house pacing back and forth. "Zayn, are you okay?" "Liam, people think i'm some bad boy but i'm not!" "Zayn you told me you'll throw me through a wall" I looked at Zayn. "I'm trying to change! Understand that! I don't know.. I just change when other people are around" Zayn sighed. I walked up to Zayn. I wiped the tears that were forming in his eyes. "I can help" I smiled at Zayn. He nodded and his eyes sparkled. "Aye Zayn" I heard someone yell from behind us. Zayn shot around and looked at the other lad with a bunch of tattoos. Brown hair in a quiff and just wearing all black. Zayn pushed me down and looked back at the other one. I heard foot steps behind me. The person behind me lifted me up and looked at Zayn.. I turned around and saw Harry. "He just changes" I mumbled to myself as Harry helped me inside.

-*-

I slowly made my way up the steps.. Zayn was already in there.. I didn't want to talk to him. He changes too much and i'm sick of it. I wish he was just normal. I just sometimes wish he was never here. I opened the door and Zayn was on his computer, shirtless, and listening to music. I walked to my closet and grabbed out sweat pants and a top. "You should get a tattoo" Zayn laughed and walked over to me. "I doubt it.." "Why? We can get matching ones" Zayn smiled and put his head on my shoulder. "I think we better not" I sighed and headed towards the bathroom. "So what kind of music do you listen to" Zayn asked as I started to open the bathroom door. "Just leave me alone" I sighed and closed the door to the bathroom. I didn't wanna get sucked back into his trap. He will be all nice to me then when people come he's hurting me. I can't life that way. I don't want to life that way. I wanna just be with Niall and be fine. Have Harry be my friend forever. Go to college and leave all of this.. All of Zayn. I simply slipped on my pants and a top. School starts in a week so I can life that long. Then during school I avoid him and just, yeah. I walked back into my room and Zayn had tears falling down his face. He had his back facing me. walk away Liam. Don't do aything.. Just go to bed. I climbed into bed and closed my eyes. Why was I so excited for meeting him?