Chapter Six. (6.)

Harry's Point of View

        I could see Sally standing behind Louis as he looked down at the ground. She was smiling at me sadistically and widely as I fought back the urge to scream and launch myself at her. Behind her, she held a knife to Louis neck. Louis, of course, couldn't feel it, or see her, as she was in her demon form. In her demon form, eyes black as charcoal, and hair slowly morphing into black, she had the power to only make the people she wanted to see her--obviously I was the only one she allowed.

        I choked back a scream of horror as I locked my limbs and jaw in place; I couldn’t help but hope that I didn’t do what my body wanted at that moment, which was two things. The first was to grab Louis and pull him close, repeatedly whisper no, and sooth down his hair. The other was too rip him away from Sally and scream, letting my fire take control; I knew the second was the most important right now.

        I made a step, slowly and subtly, towards them. I was stopped when a subtle darkness over took Sally’s eyes, presenting that she acknowledged my challenge. I knew better then to challenge a demon, but I was angry enough that my common sense was gone. A threat was in her eyes, as was something I'd never seen there too--fear. And for some reason, that made me feel.. powerful.

        All of this, this whole confrontation, was happening as Louis scratched his neck and evaded eye contact, stuttering at the ground. He opened his mouth, and spoke seriously. "I know you're seeing someone. It's that Sally girl, isn't it?"

       His voice was calm and steady, but when I looked up at him, he was still evading my eyes. His head was up, but his face read an expression close to pain.

       The thought of Sally and I together made me almost gag. Sure, I was known to go for the "older variety", according to my fifth grade crush on my 37 year old teacher Mrs.Flack, but Sally was over 1,000 years old.

       I was going to deny it, but something stopped me. And that something was the fact that Sally was behind Louis once again. There was nothing in her hands, but the gesture that she made had scared me into cutting myself off. "I.. N-"

       Sally took her pointer finger and put in to the base of Louis throat, though he couldn't feel it, and slide it across. She started to cackle maniacally, a smile wide on her face. I had to stop myself from flinching at her Nail-on-a-Chalkboard laugh, since Louis was staring into my body.

       I heard her voice enter my mind, just as Louis was about to speak again. "Check your phone, Harold." I could hear her smirking through her words.

       My phone vibrated just as the confusion in me grown.

Sent from: Unknown Number. I didn't have to have a caller I.D to know who it was from.

I pressed open on text.

Say Yes. Say we have a date right now, and you hate to go. If you don't, you know what will happen.

     I stared at the text, locking my jaw. I could feel the fire pulsing in my veins, and it was getting to my fingertips every moment faster then the last.

     I couldn't bare to make eye contact with Louis as I spoke. "Yes..." The words were hard to get out of my mouth. I had to swallow twice, and try again. "Yes we are. I have to go, Lou. Sally and I have a... a date."

     I quickly spun on my heel, and turned my head just as the tears in my eyes fell. I quickened my pace, eager to get away from Sally, away from Louis, away from the world. I didn't know where to go, I didn't know who I could go to, but I knew I needed to go to someone's house that I knew; someone that knew all about Sally, my gifts, everything.

     Someone like Zayn.

     As I ran faster and faster, my jog morphed into a desperate sprint.  At that moment, the tears continued to fall-- I was hurt more then I could ever be by fire, or ever be by Sally; I was in more pain then I could ever, intentionally, or on purpose, give myself. At that moment, I could almost hear my heart breaking over my winded, laboured breath that I was chocking on with every tear that came.

        (A:N// GUISE! I finally updated! I'm sorry I'm late with it, babies! ANYWAY, Zayn's in the story now, huh? Hm... Remember this chapter. It might be.. important in the future. (; I'd love it if you guys still commented and voted, though. They both make my day! Fan me also, maybe, if you'd like?)