Chapter Five

I sighed in Andy's arms, the small car we were in bumping every now and again on the road. "Do you know where they're taking us?" I asked.

"I don't know, babe... But Hugs said something about Quebec City. Do you think they'd take us on a road trip for that long?" Andy asked.

"Canada may be the second largest country, but it also has the highest rating of hitchhikers. It wouldn't surprise me if they were..." I said, feeling him tighten his hold around me as he heard my glum tone.

"I don't think your mother would kill your brother... She might say she did, but probably only to get you to agree to join them..." he said.

"What makes you think they want us to join them?"

"That's what gangs like them do... At least, down in America."

"Well, you're probably right... I hope they didn't hurt him too much..."

"Me, too... He's a good kid. Good brother."

"You have no idea..." I chuckled. "When we were little he would guard me at lunch and punch anyone who dared to tease me."

Andy chuckled, smiling down at me. "If I knew you back then I'd definitely sneak past him to hang out with you..."

"If we were even the same age, too."

"That, too... Though, when I first met you, I thought you were twenty or something."

"And not eighteen?"

"Yeah. You just have more maturity. But also the mindset of a eight year old," he said, earning a slap on the arm from me.

"No making of the moves in my presence, Andy," Sergeant Hugs said in the drivers seat.

"That's not why I hit him, don't worry."

"... Then why? You aren't a masochist, are you Andy?" Sergeant Hugs laughed.

"No, I'm not," he said. "I just told her that she's mature but with the mind of a six year old."

"Hey, you said eight last time!" I said.

"... I did?" Andy said, faking nervousness. "I mean, I did. And I meant... Eight. That's what I meant...... Or seven, I don't-" he broke off in laughter as I hit his arm a second time, pulling me in for a hug.

"No, no cuddles for the mean guy," I said, holding his wrists in my hands with a smile.

"What? No cuddles?" he gasped, fake-pouting as officer Hugs shook his head and laughed.

The face Andy made made me 'aw' and hug him tightly. "Damn, your dirty tactics," I muttered. "Damn them to Hell."

"You like my dirty tactics, admit it."

"No sex jokes in my presence, too," Sergeant Hugs said.

"Oh, come on," Andy complained. "Your just using your badass oohimabadasspoliceofficer thing over us now."

Me and Sergeant Hugs chuckled at Andy, shaking our heads.

A wash of guilt ran over me as I cuddled back into Andy. I shouldn't be having a good time while my brother could be dead right now...

Before my thoughts got the better of me Andy squeezed my hand and kissed the top of my head. "It's okay... He wouldn't want you to grieve," he said.

I nodded, sighing as my eyelids felt heavy. "You're right..."

"Good night, Lynn..."

"Good night, Ands..."

*