Chapter 5 (Characters)

The bell rang and everyone got up while the teacher tried to overpower the bell and students talking when saying "I hope you like where you were sitting because those are your permanent seats until further notice."

Mostly cheers, a few grumbles. Our school didn't have blocks and 8 classes every day.

Our schedule was basically setup like 6 periods a day and 50 minutes each class so everyone had 10 minutes to get to class in between. Well except for 3rd period which was 2 hours long with 4 lunches. It was actually a pretty good arrangement since there were 4 buildings and most of the classrooms were huge.

I went to my locker and stuffed my backpack and my math books which we got today in class. The 1st day of school is usually just going over rules and the class syllabus, and getting our books for each class. The second day and rest of the week we would start getting warmed up and review from last year.

The next week we'd jump into learning. I guess that's how our school maintains our A average, that and if you get lower than a C in any core classes you'd get kicked out of school. I got out my schedule and reviewed it. 

1: Math- Mr. Johnson

2. Economics- Ms. Marlow

3. Chemistry- Ms. Henson

4. Gym- Mr. Felish

5. AP literature- Mr. Riker 

6. Art- Mr. Waters

Ugh, gym right after lunch? That's not gonna be pretty. 

                                                                     *Lunch*

I pushed open the doors of the lunch room and I felt the cold rush of air fly past me.I immediately went to the lunch line and literally came out within 2 seconds because everyone bought bag lunch.

Lunch was disgusting here; I’m surprised a health inspector didn’t shut down the school. Knowing this school, they probably just slipped $100 dollars to the health inspector each year.

I sat in my regular spot to see that the cheerleaders & jocks decided to sit across from me this year. Typical, none of them were eating and Talia was practically throwing herself on a guy that looked really familiar.

I just turned back to my lunch and tried to figure out a way to eat a piece of my lunch without having to throw up and/or get food poisoning. I was about to fork out a piece of apple when I saw a shadow over me and my brain clicked.

“What do you want” I said bored and looked up to see David.

He sat down next to me and waved a phone in his hand. “I thought you wanted your phone” he said as he smirked.

“You got it?” I asked confused.

“Yeah, you didn’t expect me to just drop your phone off a cliff and let you get in trouble for it, did you?” he replied.

“Why are you here? You already gave me the phone; you can go back to your jocks now. I’m pretty sure Talia misses you” I nodded towards Talia glaring at me jealously.

“Nah, I only sit with them on Wednesday” he joked, and may I say lamely at that.

“Oh you’re so funny, hahaha!” I dramatized.

“If you didn’t like my jokes you could’ve just said that, you didn’t have to make fun of me” he said with a pouting lip faking sad.

“Well it’s not my fault your jokes are lame” I muttered.

“You’re mean, you didn't even say thank you for the phone. Now I know why you sit by yourself” he said.

“Thank you for the phone, now can you leave," I said, batting my eyelashes.

"Aw, that's cute," he said tousling my hair. “Sorry, but it’s not gonna be that easy to get rid of me, and anyways, I like a challenge,” he smirked. “But I got to go now and take up that offer with Talia, don’t miss me too much” he joked. I felt a slight pang of jealousy.

“See you later” he said.

“I'm praying to God that I won't,” I said under my breath.

 I can’t believe that he’s already with them, I mean it’s only the 1st day of school and he’s new. I looked at the table again and saw Talia touching his muscle and saw David flexing it. I can already tell what they’re saying:

“Oh! You’re so strong!” Talia would giggle.

“Yeah, I work out a bit” David would say in a deep sexy voice.

Talia shot me a look that said ‘back-off-he’s-mine. I just shrugged.

                                                    *Class: Chemistry*

Since I had 1st lunch and we went straight to the cafeteria so I don’t know who’s in my class yet. The class slowly started to fill up as people entered the room.

When everyone got in the teacher started, “O.K class. Now this class is chemistry. Not the chemistry between a boyfriend and girlfriend. This is science. So don’t try to use this as a lame pick up line, boys” Everyone laughed.

I phased out for a second as I looked around to see who was in the class. Okay I guess it wasn’t that bad.

Not that many jocks and cheerleaders. Only Lexi, Talia, and David.

“I will be putting you in partners and they will be your chemistry partner for the rest of the year” the teacher dictated.

I saw Talia immediately put her arm in a loop with David.He glanced at me and I looked away.

“I will come around with a hat that I already put your names in. So pick one a name out and go to your partner."

Since I was farthest away from where the teacher was standing I wouldn’t get to pick my partner so I waited and started doodling something random. In a few minutes I saw a shadow over me.

“Let’s get this over with” I sighed.

“I’m Zoelina” I turned to shake my partners hand and saw that it was David.

“Oh hell no!”I denied.

The teacher turned towards me and gave me a look saying she’s giving me a warning. I saw that the whole class was looking at me.

“Sorry, broke my pencil” I said getting softer.

I turned to David, “I told you I’d see you later” he smirked.

This was just NOT my year…..

________________________________________________________________

Pretty obvious that they would get paired up? OF COURSE!