Chapter 2

As I was searching for the thing I needed in my bag, I saw a gas station pass nearby. I felt the tiny but powerful object in my hand and asked Cameron to stop. I walked into the gas station towards the bathroom and locked the door. I pulled out the blade from its hiding spot in my pants. Dragging the sharp object against my wrist I was satisfied by the blood dripping down my arm. The pain felt like all of my worries were being left behind. After a few more times I could hear faint footsteps and then pounding on the door. My head started to feel fuzzy and I was becoming nauseous. My feet started to slip from under me and before everything went black the door had been kicked open and I saw Cameron's face....

The beeping of the heart monitor awoke me from my trance. My arm throbbed under the bandages. The door opened and the bed dipped beside me. My eyes met Cameron's and he handed me a glass of water.

"Why are you still here?" I asked slightly confused.

"I wanted to make sure you were OK. You scared me," he said quietly.

"I didn't think the big bad wolf cared about a peasant like me," I said sarcastically trying to lighten the mood. He had his head down with a slight blush on his cheek. 

"Well I do," he whispered under his breath. I felt my eyes droop and I grabbed his hand. I fell into a wistful sleep holding the bad boys hand....

~ a few weeks later ~

Cameron and I have become extremely close. He's my best friend, my protector, and my partner-in-crime. I can't help to feel a little something for him when he talks or when he smiles. I never thought I would be the bad boys best friend. I never thought that someone like him would give a damn about a girl like me. He makes me truly happy, a certain kind of happy that I have never felt before.

~ Cameron's POV

Quinn. Beautiful, quiet, amazing Quinn. My favorite thing about her is when she smiles and laughs. Her eyes are gorgeous, every thing about her is. I never thought I would have a best friend like her. Don't get me wrong, she's everything I want, but with my "reputation" people wouldn't think I would chase after a shy, quiet girl. There is just something about this girl that draws me to her. I'm constantly worrying about her health and her safety. After what happened at the gas station I promised myself I would maker her happy. I don't want anything bad happening to her. I just wish she would learn to love herself. Whenever I see her scars it makes me cringe and wish I was there to prevent them.

My door slams open and a very hyper Quinn rushes in and flops down on the bed dramatically.

"I have homework to do and I don't want to so I brought it for you to do," she says in a very rushed sentence. I scoff and look down at her. 

"I am not doing your homework."

"BUT PLEASE CAMERON! You know I wont do it, and if I don't do it then I will fail and if I fail I have to take the class all over again, you wouldn't want that would you?" She whines.

"Fine, fine, I'll do it. Just stop whining."

"YAY!" She jumps up and runs down the stairs. A few minutes later she runs back in with food and a whole gallon of chocolate milk.

"Q? what are you doing with the whole freaking gallon?!" I exclaim reaching for the carton. She sticks out her tongue and runs away from me, unfortunately still with the milk.

~ Quinn's POV

I run and hide behind the couch. I slap my hand over my mouth to try and steady my breathing. Heavy footsteps let me know he's close. I jump up and try to make a run for it, but instead get pounced on by a very heavy Cameron. We hit the floor with a thud and he lands on top of me. He rolls over and we burst into a uncontrollable laughter. After the laughter dies down he slaps my thigh with his hand and I wince.

"Why did you wince?" He sits up and asks me seriously. My eyes get big and I try to hide my face.

"Quinn pull down your shorts right now" he says avoiding eye contact. I hesitate but when he says it again I do. I reveal the fresh red marks on my thighs.

"Damn it Quinn!" he huffs and runs his fingers through his hair. I pull my shorts back up and pull my knees to my chest. Cameron gets up and punches the wall. He leans against the wall and steadies his breathing. He storms back into his room. I slowly get up and make my way to his room. I hear shouting and things being thrown. I walk back out and decide to go home.

Once I arrive home I go to my bedroom and turn on Netflix. I cant help but to feel like Cameron hates me know. I didn't think he would react that way. I thought he would be supportive but I guess not. After a few episodes of 'Greys Anatomy' I turn the TV off and go to sleep.

~~~~~

Hey guys its Haley, sorry that this took so long to update. This chapter probably sucks but I wanted to get you guys a chapter so here it is.

(CLOSED)

I need some new covers ! So just make me one and PM it to me! I will pick a first, second, and third place winner. There will also be an honorable mention. Whoever wins first will be made a character in the book and I will use their cover. Good luck !