Chapter 6

Cameron had taken me to the beach. 

He rented a hotel on the beach for a week and I was speechless. I wasn't expecting something this extravagant.  Once we had checked in we went to find our room. Let's just say the room was ....HUGE. There was king sized bed in the middle of the room and the whole wall behind it was glass. We were on the top floor so the view was out looking the ocean, there was also a full kitchen and a full bathroom. I was amazed to say the least. It was around noon so we decided to go to the boardwalk and get some food. 

We found a small café and ordered what we wanted. Cameron led me to a small corner booth by the window. He grabbed my hand a smiled. He really cared for me and that made me extremely happy. Our coffees came and I slowly sipped mine and gazed out of the window. 

"Q?"

I pulled out of my dream state. "Yeah?" 

"You okay? You looked like you weren't doing very well."

"Yeah I'm fine I'm just lost in my thoughts."

"Are you sure? You can talk to me if you need to." He told me. 

I shook my head yes, although it was a lie, I honestly wasn't okay. I was never okay, but I didn't want him to worry about me. I didn't want my depression to ruin our vacation that he so carefully planned. My wrists itched at the thought of my depression. Depression is like a black hole, it sucks you in and its never ending. People who have never had depression don't understand that its a disease. It eventually takes over every aspect of your life. It makes you hate everything you once loved. When I had first started feeling depressed I told my self I wouldn't let it get that bad, but look how far that got me. I would do anything to get rid of this terrible feeling that I always have. 

"So I was thinking maybe the beach a little later?" I instantly froze, I couldn't wear a swimsuit in public, all of my scars would show. Especially my stitches. I couldn't do it. Tears started to form and I could tell he instantly regretted bringing it up. He moved from his seat into mine and wrapped his arms around me. He knew saying anything wouldn't help so he just held me. We sat like that for another five minutes and then I wiped my tears away acting like nothing happened. 

We walked back to the hotel in silence, the atmosphere was slightly awkward but not to bad.  Once we arrived to our room we both decided to watch a movie. I excused myself and went to the bathroom to change. I stood and stared at myself in the mirror, my eyes looked sunken in and I was pale. I looked terrible. That's what depression does, it steals everything. Especially your happiness.   

I jumped when I heard a knock on the door. 

"Quinn? Are you alright?" 

"Yeah, sorry I was taking off my makeup." I quietly said through the door. I opened the door and Cameron was still waiting. He brushed my hair behind my ears.

"Q you are so beautiful.." He whispers. His face slowly comes closer to mine. He's now so close that I can feel his breath on my lips. His lips brushed mine and I inhaled sharply. His lips touched mine and I felt butterflies in my stomach. He put his head on my forehead and held my face with both hands.

"I love you... I always have." He whispered.