Chapter 1: The victim is not innocent

NOTES to Readers:

1. Most of the public incidents regarding governments in this book are TRUE,

2. The four primary characters are composites of people I know or have had the privilege to serve with and I have embellished them for fictional purposes,

3. The characterizations of the governments and corporations are accurate during this period and can be supported by documents in the public domain through Wikileaks or several other authenticated sources (including the US Library of Congress, George Washington University, etc.), and

4. Before you judge who is a terrorist, please read this:

Professor William Odom, formerly President Reagan's National Security Agency Director, wrote:

As many critics have pointed out, terrorism is not an enemy. It is a tactic. Because the United States itself has a long record of supporting terrorists and using terrorist tactics, the slogans of today's war on terrorism merely makes the United States look hypocritical to the rest of the world.

This applies to every government on the planet - not just America.

5. My simple definition of who is a terrorist:

Any individual or entity who kills, wounds or maims an unarmed man, woman or child.

It has nothing to do with race, cause, ethnicity, religion or creed.

There is no such thing as collateral damage.

6. This book is entertainment and education simultaneously. It shows you BOTH sides in combat and why they are fighting. Which side is right? That's for you to decide.

I'm just the scribe.

HER MAJESTY'S CENTRAL CRIMINAL COURTS

OLD BAILEY

LONDON

ENGLAND

EC4M 7EH

JANUARY 12, 2012

1014 HOURS

The rabble rousers whipped the chanting crowd into frenzy as the cordon of armed police advanced to disperse the crowd.

"He's an innocent Muslim!"

"...a man of Honour!"

"This is prejudice!"

Members of the legal profession, identifiable by their robes and collars, scuttled towards the famous edifice where they immediately submitted their IDs for admittance from the biting cold and threatening environment.

**

Inside the Old Bailey's main courtroom, the trial that was the target of the protestors' rage was in its opening phase.

"Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, we intend to prove that the defendant is guilty of the vilest of crimes - the savage and brutal dismemberment of an innocent young woman. As we will prove to you - this was not a random act. This was a case of premeditated murder that aborted a promising life." Pryun Jones-Smythe, the prosecutor, adjusted his black robes as he paused to study the impact of his statement on the jurors. "We will prove, beyond a reasonable doubt, that the defendant, Hamed al-Abbadi, used his martial arts skills to butcher..." He paused and peered at the seven men and five women of the jury as he marched over to the evidence table. "No...butcher is too gentle a word. To slaughter this young woman with thirty-two surgical gashes from this most savage of weapons-a saif!"

**

Pryun, resplendent in his black robes and horsehair wig, brandished the Arab sword in its protective plastic evidence bag.