Chapter 3: first sight

I drove up to the house that I recognized to well. It reminded me of summers years ago when me and Bonnie were little we always went to the Gilberts house.

 I sighed an got out of the car. I walked up to the door and knocked. Not a second later the door opens and reveals the familiar face of Elena.

 I smiled and she smiled her famous smile and she squealed like a child and pulled me into big hug.

 I hugged her back "Elena it has been to long."

 she pulled back and looked at me and smiled  "tell me about it, come on I have someone you have to meet." she laughed and pulled me out of the door way and led me into the living room where there were about twenty or so people I didn't recognize at all. She then called "Stefan I want you to meet Bonnie's cousin, Alara."

just then the most friggin beautiful man I have ever seen. "hi, I'm Stefan Elenas boyfriend." ofcourse Elena already had him in her arms. "hi I'm Alara, Bonnies cousin."

I shook his hand and smiled

"nice to meet you. How long have you been in town?" seriously he was a god, nice and hot

 "oh, um about 3 days." he smiled and nodded "well, how are you liking it so far?" I smiled,

 "its alright so far."

 "good ,good. If you'll excuse me I'm gonna get some refreshments, would you ladies like anything?" he smiled a gorgeous smile, wow.

 He's just so damn beautiful. I was a little jealous of him. "no were fine were just gonna catch up a bit." Elena said to him, he nodded and left,

 I turned to Elena "holly shit Elena! I need details now!" we both laughed,

when bonnie showed up we all talked and catched up on everything. The rest of The evening was full of laughter I couldn't remember the last time I laughed that hard. After our catching up They all socialized with the people at the party, I'm guessing the people from there school, I decided to take a breather so I grabbed a soda and made my way outside to the porch...

Damon's pov:

I sat in a lawn chair with a glass of scotch in my hand watching the people socialize, occasionally eves dropping on the conversations, Stefan was on my right at the grill flipping patties, with a apron saying 'kiss the chef' Elena bought it for him as a little gift from her. Bleh.

 I let my eyes wonder among the crowd and I stopped at an unfamiliar face, she was sitting on the porch alone in thought, she was a sight to see, no doubt. I got up from my seat and went over to Stefan.

“who is she." I whispered to Stefan who was getting drinks for people "who?" I rolled my eyes and pointed to the pale but dark-skinned girl sitting on the porch. She was gorgeous, she was simply something I had to have for myself.... Stefan looked up to where I pointed and he sighed,

 "she's none of your concern Damon so I suggest you leave her alone." he stared at me sternly as if he was trying to scare me, I laughed in his face.

 "you should know by now that every hot women out there is automatically my concern, now. Step aside brother if you’re not going to tell me I will find out myself," I sidestepped my brother and he quickly put his arm out in front of me.

 "Damon... Leave. Her. Alone. I dont even want you near her, someones going to get hurt, and it just might be you. And I might not step in to help you." I looked at my brother curiously

"Stefan I can take care of myself, thanks for your concern." I smirked at him and walked towards the African beauty.

 She had long curly hair it was light brown and almost gold in the sun. She had thick luscious pouty lips. And soft light brown eyes that were very stern looking as she stared at her drink in her lap. And she was tall, probably a little bit shorter than me and she was slender.

I walked onto the porch and she looked up. And there was a warming in my dead heart.

At loss of words, I stared into her chocolate orbs and said the first thing that came to mind. "how are you liking the barbecue?"

she looked in thought for a half second then looked up and said, "Uh, good I guess. The foods good, and....."

she paused in her sentence and looked up at the gray sky, "it's going to rain any minute now, and then I'll get to go home.... The barbecue is great."

 dumb founded I stared at her in confusion and adorness, she was.... Random it seemed.

 Then out of the blue a question popped into my head and I spoke before I thought. "how do you know the gilberts?" she sighed and stared at her cup then back to me.

"I'm Bonnie’s cousin,"

 she said flatly, I cursed inwardly, ofcourse, that's why Stefan warned me, the little witch will burn me alive if i even attempt to get close to her cousin.

"mmm Bonnie you say. Well, me and her.... Are very.... Different, so Bonnie and I don't get along much." I grinned at her, she gave me a small smile but then looked away and said under her breath "that's a first."

"what was that?" she smiled up at me, "nothing, so what's your name, and how do you know the gilberts?"

I grabbed a seat next to her and sat, I looked to her, getting lost in her very light brown, almost gold orbs again,

 "I'm Damon, Damon Salvatore, and I know the gilberts from my brother, Stefan, his girlfriends Elena. And what may be your name?"

  she smiled innocently, "I'm Alara, it's a pleasure to meet you Damon," she held her hand out in front of me, i smirked and took it into my own and said

"the pleasure is all mine miss. Bennett."

I kissed her soft mocha colored hand, I felt the pulse on her hand thumping were I kissed it. I looked up to meet her eyes, and confusion was written all over her face, and she looked in a daze as she stared at our hands. Then there was pain on her face,

"is there something wrong?" I asked, her head shot up and she recovered quickly by saying, "oh, no. No everything is fine.. Uh just had a- um just blanked out for a second,"

I smiled, "it happens, so. When did you move here I've never seen you around here before,"

she looked up at me and said "I lived in portland I've moved here a couple of days ago actually.."

 there it was again that sickening warm feeling, she gave me that weird vibe every time she looked at me, I shook my head in disgust, warm feelings don't sit well with me.

I smiled at her, I havent smiled this much in a conversation before, "what made you move here from Portland?" I asked anxiously what could possibly be here to offer than Portland?

"my grandma died, I didn't have anywere else to go but here.." she said looking down at her drink, again.

"oh. I'm sorry." oh my god, that sorry was actually genuine? What's happening to me?

"it's ok, I'm kinda starting to get used to it here.." she said looking up at me with a small smile.

She is one sight to see, I could stare at her all day.

"are you-"

"alara." Bonnie cut me off, I looked to Bonnie standing at the door, "it's time for us to go." Bonnie glared at me a little and I smirked.

"oh okay," alara got up as did I. "it was nice meeting you Damon." she said smiling brightly making that damned warm feeling come back. She held out her hand to me.

I smiled at her, I leaned down and kissed her hand softly again, "again alara the pleasure was all mine." I said letting her hand go, I watched her blush brightly as she went over to Bonnie and walked past her an into the house, Bonnie stood there standing and glaring,

Knowing exactly what she was thinking, I just laughed out loud and waved goodbye to her. And then she walked in the house with one final death glare. If looks could kill.... I'd be good as gone.

I made my way to the lawn chair Next to Stefan and the grill. Grabbing my scotch I left on the ground and drinking it... I felt kinda happy.. And the rest of the day went by slowly cause all my thoughts were based on the little witches cousin... Which now I bet Bonnie is planning on giving me the worst aneurysm of my whole existence...

what do ya thinnk? comment plz:) more chapters soon!!