The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 6

Hey there! :D so im kinda back, im still flat out til october :P read the last chap again (If you can be bothered or just read the very end of it) cuz i changed it, it was too complicated before and made things difficult, but i like it better the way its now going and i can kind of see whats going to happenn in the near future ;) Pretty pls let me no wat u think? the more comments and votes the sooner i will upload ;P

enjoy!

xx

____________________________________________________________________

“I broke up with Melanie” he says simply, as our eyes meet he quickly looks away, down at his hands then back up at my face “she’s pregnant” he said it so quiet that it was like a whisper in the wind.

I stand there frozen for a minute then “Yours? Is it yours?” I choke out my cold hands rapping around each other in front of me.

“I don’t think so…no” he shakes his head and his shoulders droop, looking up at me with tears dwelling in his eyes “I think she cheated on me”

“You only started dating her like, what, the start of this week?” I say confused as I squint up at his honest face.

“No” he says simply, shaking his head and gritting his teeth “We only officially got together this week before then we just snuck around together, it was almost like a dream, I’ve only known her for a little while” tears well in his eyes again and I embrace him in my arms letting him soak my shoulder in his sorrow and hurt “I really liked her though, Ava I felt so whipped for her” he muffles into the nape of my neck “you can’t ever let me fall for a girl like that again” I nod my head as he sniffles looking at me then falling back into my arms “Promise?”

I nod my head “yes” I whisper and stroke his hair; it was almost like he was a little kid again.

I stood there with Mark until the tears left his eyes and it was just his heart throbbing in pain and his mind not believing yet, we walked along the shore holding hands and just silently understanding each other’s pains and all the memories of Jake came back to me, bringing tears to my eyes.

“Oh Ava” Mark turns to me his hand clasp in mine as he wipes away a stray tear “I’m so sorry”

I nod my head unable to muster any words and smile weakly.

“You know, we have been through so much together already and we haven’t been friends for more than 4 months” Mark points out squeezing my hand as we continue to walk.

I nod my head again, hugging him close to me and smelling his warming scent “Im sorry too” I look up at his twinkling eyes and brush away a tear following its trail until my hand drops off his jaw and I stand with my hand on his hard chest.

“Promise to never lie to each other, ever?”

“Yeah” I laugh hugging him closer and laughing, just a little bit choked up.

“Are we good?” he asks raising his eyebrows.

“Yeah we’re good” I smile happy that everything is back in order.

It was a Friday afternoon and I was sitting in my literature class, chewing on the end of my pencil and watching Mr. Canning pace along the front of the classroom with a long ruler in his hand and throwing it about in dramatic gestures nearly knocking out the kids sitting in the closest seats. Amusing as it was, I was bored, lit was pretty easy and I was anticipating the bell to ring. I glance at the clock just above the blackboard and watch the small thin hand click constantly, one full circle then tick the medium sized hand moves forward, and I look back at Mr. Canning, shuffling to the side and leaning against my hand, I look around the room. Spotting Lindsey texting in her desk and occasionally glancing up then back down, Parker is intensely watching the clock with a few others and the front row kids are quivering in there shoes as Mr. Canning throws his arms up and smiles, like we are all understanding where he is coming from.