The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 1

hey

new story this one is like Missing Jake but i changed the story line a bit to make it better and i no wat ive got planned for it and its gunna be big ...well depending on the reaction i get so pls

vote

comment

FAN!

xx RR

___________________________________________________________________

I sat on my bed holding onto the pillow, Jakes pillow, and a single tear trickled down my cheek, I missed him so much it hurt.

I looked down at my hands tightly knitted together, pale, with shades of pink tinging against the edges were I held tightly onto my opposite wrist. My usual music droned on in the background the way it did when Jake was here.

He would walk into my room, my mum following closely behind making sure we knew the rules, leave the door open, blah blah blah. I smiled dimly as I once again remember how Jake would laugh and bound onto my bed so that all the small pillows bounced off the edge of my brightly quilted bed.

"Good morning sunshine!" he would say cheerfully as he ruffled my bed head and winked towards my mum who would still be standing at the door.

I would groan "I'm getting up" as Jake always came early in the morning for various reasons.

Jake would laugh then say "not fast enough honey"

Jake was spontaneous, full of mischievous energy always ready to just give anyone a hug if they needed or wanted it, even if it was a total stranger.

That's what i had loved so much about him was the fact that he was just so carefree and happy nothing bothered him and therefore I was the complete opposite except when I was with Jake. With Jake I didn't have to hold that barrier up I didn't have to pretend to be someone I'm not, I didn't hav to hold myself back. I could just laugh and smile and be happy, like Jake was and for even just a few hours I would be happy for once, with Jake.

But Jake was gone and I couldn't do anything about it.

I pulled Jakes pillow closer to me and breathed in his scent of sweet honey oak and for a moment I was with him again laughing and smiling, happy.

It was like every high school relationship, it had to end sometime, for some reason.

I smiled as I recalled the last moments we had had together before he left without telling me. I didn't know what life was going to be like without him.

"Come here you" Jake had finally spotted me waiting across the parking lot leaning against a light pole and breathing into my thick scarf which was pulled tight around my neck, Jake began towards me, arms open a smile plastered on his face, pure happiness glinting in his eyes.

I laughed but stayed where I was, curious to see his reaction. As he came closer he stopped abruptly.

"Your hair, you've changed it?" He lowered his arms and squinted at me, his breathe fogging as he breathed steadily " it looks nice" he grinned at me as he once again strode forward but instead of rapping me in his arms he lifted his hand and touched my now layered, styled and volumed hair, his hand twirled and twisted through my hair discovering every new curve of it.

"Why thankyou good sir" I giggle as I slap his still wondering hand away and embrace him in my arms, furrowing my nose into the nape of his warm neck.

"No I'm serious it looks amazing, but just so different. What caused this sudden change, huh?" he pulled away and held me at arm's length.

My hair had once been long straight and just pulled back into a simple pony tail, words would not describe how odd I had looked. It was now a dark chocolate brown colour with a hint of mud brown to highlight it, cut in layers to give it a nice wave which fell down to mid waist. The dark colour even made my skin look more pure and almost white in the dark shades of winter.