Chapter 12 - Runaway Heiress

"I know you want me."

AAAARGH! Five words. Just five words and it's killing me. How dare him say that to me? It was just a kiss. It didn't even meant anything to me. And besides . . . someone was running inside my mind in the middle of the kiss.

A person. And it's ―

"Avry!" Mom shouted. "Why did you leave Maze there? Did he do anything wrong?" Very much.

I left him and his cocky smile in the garden after he told me "I know you want me." The nerve!

"Avry Monique Crest, Maze Hellcross is your fiance and you should atleast respect him." RESPECT HIM?? Did he respect me when he kissed me?

"Mom, you don't know what he did so please stop defending him." I tried to sound as polite as I can but failed.

"He is a man. Not just any man, he is Maze Hellcross. He's the son of Lord Xander Hellcross, and a man like him deserves respect no matter what. Women like us must never―"

"Never what? Never disrespect them? Is that how you want everything to run, Mother? I am not his slave. I am the daughter of the Head Lord. We are equal."

"He. Is. Your. Fiance." Mom pressed. I know she's holding back.

"But that doesn't mean that he can just kiss me all he can!" I yelled.

Realization coursed through Mom's face and then it went back to being furious. She came closer to me and held my shoulders, shaking it. "That's the point! He's your fiance! He has every right to kiss you all he can! Stop whining, Avry! Be a proper lady and follow the rules. Please. Don't act like a brat just because your FIANCE freaking kissed you. He has the right to do that." she spat pressing the word fiance. She clearly doesn't understand how I feel. Now I know, she's as cold as Father.

I held back the tears that was trickling to fall any second. Instead, I straightened myself and fixed my dress. I swiftly grabbed my luggage and thrusted all the clothes I think is enough for me. I also packed all my necessities; toothbrush, hairbrush, cellphone, charger, camera, undies, make-up, blah blah blah. Everything I need. I took a glance at mother and saw her jaw dropped face and her eyes which are following everywhere I go.

I acted cool and thrusted the book about the Ur inside my shoulder bag and grabbed my wallet above my study table. I took a rubber band and looped it in my hair.

I passed by my mother carrying a big luggage, a shoulder bag, and my pride.

But before I could even take another step towards the door, she quickly grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to face her. "What are you doing?!"

"Saving my dignity, . . . Mother." I hesitated to call her my mother but still said it . . . no matter how disgusted I felt towards her.

"You can't leave, Avry. You know your father will be furious if he finds out. And you still have to marry Maze. So stay, young lady." she said with her strict parent tone. But she's not acting like one. Maze here, Maze there, Maze everywhere! Can someone please stop saying his name?!! Will someone please . . . just at least . . . even if it's fake . . . tell me "Avry, are you alright?" "Everything will be fine." "Don't worry, Avry, I'm here for you."

"Let go of me." I said weakly. I felt her grip went tighter. Rage coursed through me and I brushed her tight grip away from me with my other hand. "I said, let go of me!" I freed my wrist and rubbed it feeling the pain with her grip.

"You disrespectful child!" she raised her hand ready to slap me but I stopped her mid air saying, "GO AHEAD! DO IT! YOU CAN EVEN KILL ME! YOU CAN DO THE HONOR, MOTHER! AND I THOUGHT YOU WERE DIFFERENT FROM MY FUCKING SELFISH COLD HEARTED FATHER . . . BUT WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE, ANYWAY? YOU'RE ALSO A SELFISH COLD BITCH!" and her slap really came.

I was slammed through the wall with her strong slap. Oops, I forgot, she's a strong vampire, given the fact that royal blood runs through her veins. I winced in pain. My right shoulder really had a bad landing when I hit the wall. I noticed the crack lines on the wall where I landed. Shit, I feel dizy. Might have also hit my head, huh?

And as if on cue, I felt a warm sticky fluid running down my forehead down to my cheek.

I heard the tapping of shoes getting closer to me and I stood up before it could even reach me. "Stop right there." I glared at Mother and walked zigzagly towards my luggage.

"I'm so- I'm sorry, Avry. I didn't mean to - Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" she said through sobs.

"Yeah, sure. I'm fine, Mother. Thanks." I said sarcastically and slammed the door close.

I hurriedly went down the stairs and noticed that Maze already left. Thank goodness. Hera stopped my tracks when she stood in front of the double doors. "Milady, what happened? ―Oh no! Your wounded! Blood. Your head. Leaving?" Hera began talking without fully constructing sentences when she noticed the blood flowing down my head. She becomes like that when she's panicking.

"I'm fine, Hera. Yes, I'm leaving . . . for good, maybe."

"But why? You and Maze. Marry. Head Lord. If he finds out."

"I know. I know. Don't worry, I can handle myself, okay?"

She breathed deeply and tried to calm herself. She then stared at me seriously but still with worried eyes and concern laced her tone. "I'm coming with you. I'm your personal maid, Milady. And I am loyal to you only. Please let me help you and assist you to your new life. I'll just go pack my things." she hurriedly started to walk back to her chamber.

"Hera." I grabbed her arm and she spinned back to face me. "Stay here. I don't want you to get in trouble. And besides, if you stay here, you can call me and inform me with what is going on inside."

"But―"

"Stay. Please. It's for your own good."

"Be careful, Avry." She said and stated my name. I know she's saying my name instead of any address because she's referring to me as her friend.

"Thank you, Hera. I will."

I left driving my black Lamborghini.

I admit, even I don't know where I'm heading right now.

Life definitely sucks for me. And then, I drived faster. Away from the burdens, the pain, and the misery.