Chapter 10 - My Avry

The door spit out a blonde boy whom I recognized as Niall.

NIALL!!??

I stood up immediately but before I could run away, Shade held my arm. What the heck is his problem? He should be the one helping me escape. Not the other way around.

"Oh." Niall murmured. His eyes showed sadness and jealousy. Oh please. Drop it.

I turned to Shade and whisper shouted, "What are you doing?!"

He looked confused. "Why are you leaving?"

I rolled my eyes at him and jerked my head to Niall so that he'll realize that he is the Niall I've been hiding from.

His lips formed in an "O" but he still didn't let me go. He pulled me and hid me behind him.

Whoa. What is he planning to do?

"Introduce yourself, boy." Shade asked seriously. I felt Niall tensed up. Then he blurted out his name.

"Niall."

"Ah I see. What brings you here in my humble secret hideout?"

"I'm looking for Avry."

"Which Avry? This Avry?" Shade stepped beside me so Niall can see my whole body. Shit. What is he doing?

"Yes. That Avry." Niall strided closer and was about to grab my hand when Shade pulled me before he could.

"Tsk tsk tsk. Sorry, bro. But this Avry is MY Avry." Shade stated emphasizing the 'my'. Oh please. What game is he up to now?

"I'm sorry?" Niall asked confused.

"Are you deaf or stupid? I said she's mine. So back off and don't talk to her again. Don't look at her ever again. And don't get any closer to her."

Niall just rolled his eyes and left. But before that, he said, "Mind you, I don't give up that easily."

Oh shit. Another pain in the ass.

"Don't worry, Avry. I've got you covered." Shade promised.

* * * *

I came back to the mansion and locked myself inside my room. Sounds new, huh? Not going to the lake makes me feel uneasy but Father told me that Maze will pay a visit tonight.

I mentally groaned at the thought of the needle in my throat coming over. He's too cocky and he definitely just wants the throne. Well, well, well, Mr. Heir -fuck you! I'm never ever giving up. That throne is mine and I'm the heiress here. So sit back and relax, for I am about to give you my very special surprise. BWAHAHAHAHA!

Unknown's POV

I drank the glass of wine cupped on my hand and poured another shot. Staring blankly at my supposed to be wife's picture, I can't help but remember my cursed daughter's face. She looks exactly like Monecille, the woman in the picture. Her mother really was the most beautiful woman before she died. Ha! She deserved it! I should have tortured her more but shit is really sticking inside me. I just can't hurt her that much. I loved her so much that it burns my cold heart to ashes to think that she chose that filthy human over me. She chose a vermin over me! She deserved to die.

But she should have thought of pleading me to save her. One plea from her and I would never hesitate to pull her out from the sea of torture her own father drowned her into.

But she didn't.

She chose to be killed than to be married to me. That woman really was something. That's why I fell so hardly in love with her. She could have lived and saw her daughter grow up now. But she chose to die.

I still remember her moans of agony when the scorching strikes of the solar eclipse sun hit her fragile pale skin. I felt like thousands of swords stabbed my entire anatomy. Nobody knew how much I wanted to yank her away from what seemed like an infinite torture. To save her and hold her securely in my arms.

But when I saw the filthy vermin who stole Monecille from me chained in front of her, watching her suffer, I decided to stay put and watch her die.

He deserved to feel the pain. The pain of losing someone you treasured the most die. And to feel the feeling of powerlessness for not being able to save her. I traded Monecille's life just to watch the man she chose over me scream her name in pain. Screaming as if he could save her. He looked so pathetic trying to get free from the chains. The more he wanted to free his self, the more pain he received.

How tragic for both of them.

Same to you.

Said the voice inside my brain. Right. The moment I saw Monecille's body turn to ashes, I felt dead. It was pain, regret, anger and sadness that mixed together to eat my soul.

I felt so lost back then, holding the child, the fruit of my selfish love for Monecille. She had the same silver eyes as her mother. And as she grew up, I realized how much she resembled Monecille. That traitor's face. Now I have to live living with Monecille's live replica growing in my hands. I know it sounds pathetic, but she'll have to pay of what her mother did to me. She'll suffer more than I did.

I know she's still my daughter. Somehow, I love her. And the best thing for her is for me to stay away as much as I can. I'll just pretend she never existed and ignore her the way I ignored Monecille's screams.

Because if I lose my control and see the exact same face she inherited from her mother . . .

I might kill her.

But she's the only one I have. And I don't want to lose her.

Because deep inside my rotten soul: I still love Monecille and our daughter is the living proof to that.