Heiress 101

Heiress 101

16 years ago . . .

Then add 0 to make it 160 . . .

I was born. But my own father was never glad about it.

Yes . . .  I am very very very old.

But as a vampire, I’m quite young.

I look like a normal teenage girl who goes to school without any worries in life.

Well, IF I look normal.

If I really look normal, would you consider my pale white skin? Silvery eyes? Perfect lips? My oh-so-perfect-black-wavy-hair? And to sum it all up . . . my very inhuman beauty?

I doubt that.

Humans do notice my beauty after all. They classify me from them. But not the way that I classify myself towards them.

I classify them as “Prey” and myself as “Predator”.

They classify me as one of the “Populars” while they see themselves as “Invisible”. I mean, what is wrong with these people? Why do they look down on their selves like that? How could they be such a pessimist?

Like I care.

All I ever cared about the moment I learned that I am the daughter of Lord Vlad Morgan Crest – a.k.a. the head of the Vampire High Council who had always wanted a son but got a daughter instead – all I ever wanted was to prove to him that even if I’m not the son that he has always dreamed of . . . I will be the daughter that he could be proud of.

Or at least he will be . . .

And by him being proud of me, I mean . . .

Worship me.

Yes. . .  father must worship me.

He should look at me differently and appreciate me. He should realize how lucky he is to have me as his daughter.

And soon, he will want me as his heiress.

Maybe you’re thinking that I’m too ambitious.

It’s like searching for a kind of specie of a jelly fish that never existed and will never exist. . . like ever.

Normally (if I’m really normal which I’m not) my friends would ask me if who my father is. How does he look like. What’s his name. Blah blah blah. All sort of things about my father.

And constantly, I lie about him.

I’d say that he is a very busy man and doesn’t usually spend his time with the family, -that’s actually true- (now add up some lies . . .) I told them that his name is Vlad Morgan Crest, 43 years old, and currently a Wildlife Explorer, resulting him being very far away from us.

They actually believed me.

The reason why they always asked me about my father is that they never ever saw. . . not even his shadow nor his picture.

Father doesn’t even bother showing his self to me, why would he even show up to my friends? My human friends.

But no matter how my Father-Daughter relationship runs, I’d still aim for my one and only goal . . .

To make Father recognize me as his daughter and accept me as his heiress.

But that was just wave one of my immortal life’s apocalypse.

Maze came.

Maze Hellcross. A vampire royal who Father wants me to marry.

Or rather needs me to marry.

He’s not desperate isn’t he?

Too desperate for an heir that he would sacrifice his own daughter.

Maze is the youngest yet the strongest among the 3 famous sons of Lorxd Xander Hellcross.

Powerful. Excellent. Capable. Efficient. Dedicated . . . Perfect.

He has it all.

He has everything Father has ever dreamed for an heir.

That’s why he’s fixing my marriage with this *****censored*****

He wants Maze as his heir.

And me? Well I’m just the epic fail daughter of Lord Vlad Morgan Crest.

My only role is to serve as the link that connects our family with Maze’s so that that ****censored**** could have Father’s seat when the right time comes. Nothing more, nothing less.

I’m just a good for nothing daughter that finally had a use when her father decides to fix her marriage.

Well hello, Maze! Stay invisible, Avry!

Now what to do?

Should I marry Maze to at least make Father happy –or at least glad- because of me?

Or should I decline and remain a disappointment to the man whom I have always wanted to impress ever since I was born?

How could I compete with Maze?

Yes, I know. My life sucks.

(Sometimes it sucks literally –if you know what I mean-)