Bonus: Next Time

Hello, everyone. If you're reading this then you finished reading Winged (Hooray) or skipped to the end (cheater). I hope you enjoyed it, I did my best. And if you did enjoy it then you might be glad to hear these news. You might have noticed there a few loose ends hanging in the book. The unopenable door in the Sky Castle, the identity of Lisa Gawain's killer, these are all things that will be addressed because I have started working on the sequel! Winged 2: Electric Boogaloo (not actual title). It will take a while, so you'll have to wait. But, those who know me as a writer know that I can't let you end your Winged reading experience without some sort of hook or cliffhanger, so, to open your appetite, here's a teaser for the sequel:

*****

There was no way of knowing if it was day and night inside the dark underground dungeons of the castle. The prison had never been more crowded. In open of the many cold corridors, two women, one tall and one short, stood next to one of the cells.

"He looks so uncomfortable," the short woman said to the tall one. "Maybe we could loosen the cuffs a bit?"

"No," the tall woman responded, unmoved. "Restraint is exactly what he needs. Now, have you found anything that could be useful?"

"Yes, I mean, I think so. I can try but—"

Screams and banging from inside the cell made the short woman stop talking. She was shivering, and had clenched her hands into fists.

"Calm down, honey," the tall woman said, stroking the short one's hair, for comfort. "It'll all be over soon, I promise. Now, what were you saying?"

The short woman took a deep breath, relaxed and continued.

"I found some stuff, I think it can be useful, but I don't know if I can do it."

"I have complete faith in you."

"But what if I'm not good enough? I am always messing up this stuff, If I do anything wrong—"

More screams and banging came from the cell, but this time, the short woman couldn't take it. She covered her ears, shut her eyes and started yelling.

"He's in pain! I can't take it, why is this happening? Why is he doing this?"

"Listen," the tall woman firmly grasped the short one's arm and looked deep into her eyes. "Don't get soft now. That thing in there is not him, I don't believe it. Not after what he did to you."

The tall woman tried to touch the other one's cheek, but she covered it with her hand to hide the wounds.

"I don't know why this happening," the tall woman continued. "I should know. I should, so I could protect you and him. But I've done all I can, and now is up to you. Our friend needs your help, so you need to be strong. Do you understand?"

The short woman looked at her feet and responded without any enthusiasm.

"Yes, ma'am."

The tall woman tried to smile, but an acute pain from her wounded and bandaged arm made her frown instead.

"Can't believe he did that to you," the short woman said, but a look from the tall one reminded her to correct herself. "I mean, not him."

"Exactly."

"That looks pretty bad, you should go back upstairs."

"I agree, there are other things I need to attend to anyway," she started walking away, but then turned around. "Oh, and if everything turns out well in the end, you must never under any circumstance tell him about this," she pointed to her own arm and smirked, "I have a reputation to keep."

"You bet, he won't hear it from me."

The tall woman turned back around and walked to the exit of the dungeons.

"Bye, Hikki," Lucy said as Hikaru left the undergrounds. It was about time for her to leave too, she also had things she needed to do. However, even though she knew Hikaru would disapprove, she couldn't leave without saying good bye to the prisoner in the cell.

She looked inside and saw him. His hands chained to the walls while he struggled and growled like an animal to try to release them. It was a sickening sight, and Lucy couldn't take it anymore. So she turned around, saying goodbye with a whisper.

"Bye, Leo."

The first chapter of the sequel is already up on my page!

Don't forget to tell me what you think in the comments. i'd love to hear your opinions and it will help me to keep improving this book and making its sequel even better :) Also, don't forget to share with friends, it helps me out immensely.

Be sure to follow me on twitter too!: https://twitter.com/b_winged