Mystery

I spent lots of days, thinking what would be wrong with Phill. I practically did not sleep this week.
And as I have said before I was determined to know.
Wore my lazy hoodie, a pair of jeans and my black converse and I was heading to his house.
It was 9:37 PM. I rang the bell and his mother opened.
His mother's name is renée, she was a decent lady, cheerful and always innocent. She is blonde and had a bob, her eyes were as blue as Phill's, I bet he got his eyes from her, she was chubby actually, but cuddable. I was freaked out today, for her state was not normal, there were black puffs under her eyes. I did not ask about anything. Phill was a tall guy, with really big sky-blue eyes, a regular fit body, he always loved having a buzzcut, he had a birthmark on his neck; like a teeny tiny sac of fat, it wasn't very remarkable anyways. He was always sharp and polite. She called him from his room upstairs gently, he also was a big pile of mess, then he took me to the roof, we had a spot we always sat in.
Silence got into us. Then finally I have decided to break the ice.
"Today was a blue day,eh, why were you absent though?"
He hasn't responded until a minute later,
"I hate mornings, I love the dark skies at night."
"Someone's a little crabby?" I asked
"I am sorry, Nella but a lot of problems happened lately and I do not even know what to do."
"what happened?"
"You'll have to let me finish whatever Im gonna say, ko?"
We said ko instead of ok because ok was too people-ish.
"A few weeks later, tom,my bestfriend as you know, bought weed, and at that night I was in his place. He told me to try it with him, I thought I wouldn't hit it that hard but I just did, now, I have an addiction. And it was not to coffee, not to something good or religious,"
My phone interrupted by humming, it was Zoey but I did not answer so I wouldn't bug Phill.
"Sorry" I said.
"no problem. to continue what I was saying, that night, I went to Zoey's place, I was too unconscious to do something right, I knocked and she opened, I took her in my arms, even though I know she hated me and I tried to kiss her, but she slapped me and shut the door. I slept on her house loan for the night and before her family woke up, I was back conscious and went home. Don't tell her what I told you, this will be our little secret, I know Zoey hasn't told you because she was too damn shy to say anything of that sort."
I was so shocked that I have not spoken when he was done, He looked at me, I felt it, but I didn't look back.
"why?" I asked
"what?" he answered
"Why would you ever smoke weed?!No one knows if they will hit it hard."
"I am sorry but I was depressed to think whether it would harm me or something."
"Does she know, your mom?"
"I guess, but she is acting as if she doesn't."
I stood up, with no care and just went to my house, he did not even told me where I was going because he knew I was too mad to be talked to at the moment. Until the next day.